Rajendra Mahato is a Nepalese politician. In the 1994 parliamentary election, he stood as the Nepal Sadbhavana Party candidate in the constituency Sarlahi-2. He came second with 10173 votes. In the 1999 parliamentary election he won the seat with 14750 votes, defeating former Prime Minister Surya Bahadur Thapa of the Rastriya Prajatantra Party.
Mahato lost his seat in the 2013 constituent assembly elections to Mahendra Rai Yadav of the Terai Madesh Sadhbhawana Party Nepal. The party nominated his wife Sahil Devi Mahato to the Constituent Assembly from the five seats assigned to the party under proportional representation. 
- Finalised Constituencies With Top Two Candidates
- Rajendra Mahato resigns parliament « Nepal Travel and Tourism news,Nepal news, news of Nepal,Nepal Mountain,Political,Expedition,Business,Sports and Everest news
- eKantipur.com - Nepal's No.1 News Portal
- "Constituency Wise Top 3 Candidate". Election Commission of Nepal. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- "Sadbhawana Party picks PR lawmakers". eKantipur. 30 December 2013. Retrieved 30 December 2013.