Reclaiming the Blade
|Reclaiming the Blade|
|Directed by||Daniel McNicoll|
|Produced by||Erica Black
|Narrated by||John Rhys-Davies|
|Music by||David James Nielsen|
|Distributed by||Galatia Films Home Entertainment (US)|
Notable interviewees from the film industry include Viggo Mortensen, Karl Urban, Richard Taylor, and Hollywood sword master Bob Anderson (fencing instructor to Errol Flynn and Johnny Depp among others). Interviewed as an expert on swordmaking was bladesmith Paul Champagne.
The soundtrack for the film, which included major label artists and an orchestral score from David James Nielsen, was released on Lakeshore Records. Commentary track from director Daniel McNicoll and John Rhys-Davies included details on the making of the film and Rhys-Davies experiences with swordplay on the London stage. 
Seven Western Martial Arts - WMA - groups located in five countries in Europe provide footage for Reclaiming the Blade: Arts of Mars (Germany), Boar’s Tooth Fight School (UK), de Taille et d’Estoc (France), Ringschule Wrocław, ARMA-PL (Poland), Schola Gladiatoria (UK), Stockholm’s Historical Fencing Society (Sweden), The School of Traditional Medieval Fencing (UK).
Notes and references
- "Reclaiming the Blade hits #1 on iTunes". Galatia Films, LLC. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- Lakeshore Records - Reclaiming the Blade. Lakeshore Records http://www.lakeshore-records.com/reclaimingtheblade/. Retrieved 25 July 2015. Missing or empty
- "IMDb - David James Nielsen". IMDb. IMDb. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Barnes & Noble - Reclaiming the Blade". Barnes & Noble. Barnes & Noble. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Netflix - Reclaiming the Blade for Rent". Netflix. Netflix. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Reclaiming the Blade » » Seven Western Martial Arts Groups from Europe". reclaimingtheblade.com. Retrieved 2014-05-27.
- Official website
- Reclaiming the Blade at the Internet Movie Database
- Reclaiming the Blade at AllMovie
- Reclaiming the Blade at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|