Main page as of 24 July 2009
|Traded as||NASDAQ: REDF|
|Key people||Ajit Balakrishnan, Chairman and CEO|
|Revenue||$21.80 million (2011)|
|Employees||316 (Dec 2009)|
|Alexa rank||289 (April 2015[update]) |
|Type of site||web portal|
|Launched||February 8, 1997|
Rediff.com is an Indian news, information, entertainment and shopping web portal, founded in 1996 as "Rediff On The NeT". It is headquartered in Mumbai, with offices in Bangalore, New Delhi and New York City.
According to Alexa, Rediff is the No. 17 Indian web portal. It has more than 316 employees. 89.1% of the millions of visitors to Rediff.com are from India, while the rest come primarily from the USA (3.4%) and China. In April 2001, Rediff.com acquired and began offering India Abroad. As of February 2011, it ranked 295 on Alexa. Rediff.com was the first website domain name registered in India in 1996.
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (April 2015)|
- Rediffmail – Web based e-mail which has around 95 million registered usernames. It offers unlimited free storage space. Like other popular web-mail services, Rediff provides an AJAX based mail interface. It also allows users to send and receive mails in many Indian languages on Microsoft Windows. Rediffmail is also available on mobiles through the free mobile application. In October 2010, Rediff.com launched a paid mobile email service named "Rediffmail NG" with support for all mobile phone platforms including Symbian, Java and Android. In addition, it offers synchronization across users' phone and PC.
- Rediff Shopping – An online marketplace, headquartered in Mumbai, India. The marketplace has products ranging from mobile phones, apparel & accessories up to home utility & electronics. Rediff Shopping mobile app is also now available for Java Platform, Micro Edition, Windows Store and Android users.
- Rediff News App – On 14 September 2012, Rediff launched its Android App for Rediff News.
- Rediff iShare – On 10 July 2007, Rediff users became able to upload their videos, music and pictures to the Rediff iShare multimedia platform.
Awards and recognition
Rediff.com was recognized as a CIO Choice 2014 in the category of Enterprise E-Mail Solution (SME). CIO Choice-recognized brands are chosen through an independent advisory panel of imminent CIOs as well as an independent survey of Chief Information Officers (CIOs) and information and communications technology (ICT) decision makers from across India.
- "Rediff.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- "Rediff.Com reports Q1 results: India revenue up 42%". Financialexpress.com. 2008-07-24. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine rediffonthenet.com".
- "Rediff.com India Ltd, Business Wire India, Press Releases, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Kannada, Gujarati, Malayal". Businesswireindia.com. 2009-12-14. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- Alexa Ranking
- "Top Sites in India". Alexa. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- "REDF : Rediff.com India Limited FAQs". Investor.rediff.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- 5 million unique visitors worldwide
- At least 66 per cent of the visitors come from India
- "Pioneering publisher Gopal Raju passes away". India Abroad. 2008-04-10. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Rediff.com Site Info". Alexa.com. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- "India completes 20 years of commercial internet". Indian Digitel Review. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Cauley Geller Bowman & Coates, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Rediff.com India Ltd. Seeking Damages on Behalf of Purchasers of Rediff American Depository Shares - REDF". May 25, 2001. Retrieved Jul 17, 2013.
- "Rediff records 15 percent growth in registered user base". Medianewsline.com. Retrieved 2010-12-12.
- "Rediff.com introduces web-messenger in Rediffmail". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Hotmail vs Rediffmail - Difference and Comparison". Diffen. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "A software to make typing Indian languages easier: Rediff.com Business". Business.rediff.com. 2010-04-21. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Mobile email service from Rediff.com". The Hindu. 2010-10-21. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- "Rediff News Android App". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Now share videos, music on Rediff’s iShare". Livemint.com. 2007-07-10. Retrieved 2014-11-17.
- "CIO CHOICE 2014 Recognized Brand - Rediff.com". CIO Choice. Archived from the original on August 30, 2014. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "About CIO CHOICE". CIO Choice. Retrieved April 4, 2015.