||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2013)|
Main page as of 24 July 2009
|Traded as||NASDAQ: REDF|
|Key people||Ajit Balakrishnan, Chairman and CEO|
|Revenue||$21.80 million (2011)|
|Employees||316 (Dec 2009)|
|Alexa rank||250 (April 2014[update])|
|Type of site||web portal|
|Launched||February 8, 1997|
Rediff.com is an Indian news, information, entertainment and shopping web portal, founded in 1996. as "Rediff On The NeT" It is headquartered in Mumbai, with offices in Bangalore, New Delhi and New York City.
According to Alexa, Rediff is the No. 17 Indian web portal. It has more than 316 employees. 89.1% of the millions of visitors to Rediff.com are from India, while the rest come primarily from the USA (3.4%) and China. In April 2001, Rediff.com acquired and began offering India Abroad. As of February 2011, it ranked 295 on Alexa. Rediff.com was the first website domain name registered in India in 1996.
- Rediffmail: Web based e-mail which has around 95 million registered usernames. It offers unlimited free storage space. Rediff recently launched an AJAX based mail interface. It also allows users to send and receive mails in many Indian languages on Microsoft Windows. Rediffmail is also available on mobiles through the free mobile application. In October 2010, Rediff.com launched a paid mobile email service named `Rediffmail NG' with support for all mobile phone platforms including Symbian, Java and Android. In addition, it offers synchronisation across users' phone and PC.
- Rediff Shopping - An Online Marketplace, headquartered in Mumbai, India. The marketplace has products ranging from mobile phones, apparel & accessories up to home utility & electronics. Rediff online Shopping mobile app is also now available for Java Platform, Micro Edition, Windows Store and Android users, provides users to access various product categories.
- Rediff MoneyWiz: It's real-time market news which provides real time index values, mutual funds, real-time market news and live expert and user discussion about the stock market. MoneyWiz  was launched in June 2007.
- Rediff News App: On 14 September 2012, Rediff launched its Android App for Rediff News. This application provides user with the latest updates on Business, Movies, Sports, Cricket, Get Ahead, Travel, Lifestyle, Careers, etc. The tiled interface brings news, photos, videos and slideshows to users Android mobile, as soon as they appear on Rediff.com
- Rediff Labs: Showcases Rediff's data driven journalism, data science projects that include interactive web apps and visualisation of big data. Data driven Lok Sabha Elections 2014 Candidates' Ethics Score & their position in the previous elections to make the right decision before you vote!
Awards & Recognition
Rediff.com is awarded CIO CHOICE 2014 for Enterprise E-Mail Solution (SME). CIO Choice 2013 got votes from CIOs and IT heads for the top brands of ICT industry.
- "Rediff.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Rediff.Com reports Q1 results: India revenue up 42%". Financialexpress.com. 2008-07-24. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine rediffonthenet.com".
- "Rediff.com India Ltd, Business Wire India, Press Releases, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Kannada, Gujarati, Malayal". Businesswireindia.com. 2009-12-14. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- Alexa Ranking
- "Top Sites in India". Alexa. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- "REDF : Rediff.com India Limited FAQs". Investor.rediff.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- 5 million unique visitors worldwide
- At least 66 per cent of the visitors come from India
- "Pioneering publisher Gopal Raju passes away". India Abroad. 2008-04-10. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Rediff.com Site Info". Alexa.com. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- "India completes 20 years of commercial internet". Indian Digitel Review. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Cauley Geller Bowman & Coates, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Rediff.com India Ltd. Seeking Damages on Behalf of Purchasers of Rediff American Depository Shares - REDF". May 25, 2001. Retrieved Jul 17, 2013.
- "Rediff records 15 percent growth in registered user base". Medianewsline.com. Retrieved 2010-12-12.
- "Rediff.com introduces web-messenger in Rediffmail". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Hotmail vs Rediffmail - Difference and Comparison". Diffen. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "A software to make typing Indian languages easier: Rediff.com Business". Business.rediff.com. 2010-04-21. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Mobile email service from Rediff.com". The Hindu. 2010-10-21. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- Rediff MoneyWiz
- "Rediff News Android App". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "CIO CHOICE 2014 Recognized Brands - Rediff.com". cio-choice. Retrieved 24 March 2014.