Rideau Valley Roller Girls
|Metro area||Ottawa, Ontario|
|Teams||Slaughter Daughters (home team)
Riot Squad (home team)
Prime Sinisters (home team)
Vixens (travel team)
Sirens (travel team)
|Venue||Jack Charron Arena|
The Rideau Valley Roller Girls (RVRG) is a roller derby league based in Ottawa, Ontario in Canada. Founded in 2008, the league currently consists of three home teams and two travel team who compete against teams from other leagues in Canada and the USA.
Originally known as the "Bytown Blackhearts", the league hosted their first bout in Ottawa in January 2009 against the Sexpos of Montreal Roller Derby. In June 2011, RVRG hosted the first Canadian Women's Roller Derby Association East Tournament, losing in the final to the Forest City Derby Girls. By late 2011, RVRG bouts were attracting up to 1,000+ fans per game.
In January 2011, Rideau Valley were accepted as apprentice members of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association. Rideau Valley skater Soul Rekker was selected to skate for Team Canada at the 2011 Roller Derby World Cup in December 2011, and she was later joined by league-mate Semi Precious.
Rideau Valley gained full membership in the WFTDA in June 2012.
- Susan Krashinsky, "Ottawa to host first roller derby bout", Centretown News, 30 January 2009
- "Fresh Air", Canadian Broadcasting Company, 19 June 2011
- Bryan Michaud, "Le roller derby reprend du poil de la bête", L'Express, 19 October 2011
- "WFTDA Accepts 12 Additional Apprentice Leagues", WFTDA, 13 January 2011
- Mercy Less, "Team Canada Roster Announced", Derby News Network, 5 August 2011
- "Semi Precious". Roster. Team Canada Roller Derby. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Nine Leagues Become Full WFTDA Members". WFTDA. Retrieved 1 June 2012.