|— City —|
|• Total||2.9 sq mi (7.5 km2)|
|• Land||2.9 sq mi (7.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||899 ft (274 m)|
|• Density||650/sq mi ( 250/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1299405|
Ridgetop is located at  entirely within Robertson County except for two small portions of the city in Davidson County.(36.396306, -86.772654),
There is a small man-made lake built to draw in tourism in the early 1900s. Underneath the town is "Ridgetop Tunnel", a railroad tunnel bored in the early 1900s. When completed in 1905, it was the longest free-standing (i.e., with no columnar supports) tunnel in the world.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,083 people, 385 households, and 314 families residing in the city. The population density was 678.3 people per square mile (261.3/km²). There were 399 housing units at an average density of 249.9 per square mile (96.3/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 96.12% White, 1.48% African American, 0.09% Native American, 0.55% Asian, 0.18% from other races, and 1.57% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.02% of the population.
There were 385 households out of which 32.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 67.5% were married couples living together, 9.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 18.4% were non-families. 16.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.71 and the average family size was 3.00.
In the city the population was spread out with 23.4% under the age of 18, 6.8% from 18 to 24, 26.6% from 25 to 44, 28.3% from 45 to 64, and 14.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 99.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.2 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $52,381, and the median income for a family was $57,589. Males had a median income of $40,813 versus $26,250 for females. The per capita income for the city was $19,610. About 4.3% of families and 4.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.2% of those under age 18 and 15.5% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Ridgetop city, Tennessee". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 14, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Ridgetop city, Tennessee". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 14, 2012.