|Birth name||Robert Florence|
29 July 1977 |
|Notable works and roles|
Robert Florence (born 29 July 1977) is a Scottish presenter, comedian and writer most popularly known for starring in the popular BBC comedy sketch show Burnistoun, and the video game review shows Consolevania and videoGaiden.
He and future writing collaborator Iain Connell met as a pair of fifteen year olds at a Springburn amateur youth theatre project, Toonspeak. His sole stage appearance was at a stand-up comedy night in Petershill, Springburn, for which he dressed up as David Bowie. Florence spent a year on a film and television studies course at the University of Glasgow.
He was a core writer of the sketch show Chewin' the Fat and with Iain Connell wrote the sitcom series Legit and Empty. Connell and Florence have recently worked on the third series of Burnistoun, which is set in a fictional Scottish city. The first series was shown on BBC 2 Scotland in early 2010; the second was shown on BBC 1 Scotland in early 2011 and the third began in August 2012. Florence has also been a performer on Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights for Channel 4.
Florence also makes an online show about boardgames called DowntimeTown and is the writer/performer/editor/creator of a review show for Xbox Live called The Independent Charles Show (sometimes purposefully misspelled The Independint Charles Show). "Cardboard Children" is a regular feature on boardgames that Florence now[when?] contributes to UK-based PC gaming blog Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Chewin' the Fat (writer)
- Velvet Soup (writer)
- Live Floor Show (writer)
- videoGaiden (writer/actor/presenter)
- Legit (writer)
- Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe (guest appearance)
- The Karen Dunbar Show (writer)
- Watson's Wind Up (writer)
- Velvet Cabaret (writer)
- Empty (writer)
- Revolver (writer)
- Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe (guest appearance)
- Burnistoun (actor/writer)
- Mock the Week (writer)
- Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights (actor/writer)
- Enlighten Up! (writer/actor)
- The House of Him (2014)
- consolevania (writer/actor/presenter)
- DowntimeTown (writer/actor/presenter)
- The Independint Charles Show (Xbox LIVE) (writer/actor/presenter)
Print & Online Writing
- GamesTM (guest writer)
- Disposable Media (guest columnist)
- Custom PC (columnist)
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun (columnist)
- Eurogamer.net (columnist)
- Donaldson, Brian (23 May 2011). "Burnistoun - Series 1". The List. Retrieved 20 November 2011.
- English, Paul (12 October 2011). "Burnistoun funnyman Robert Florence turns Twitter stalker in hunt for female comic talent". Daily Record. Retrieved 20 November 2011.
- Screened profile
- Partners from Chewin' the Fat serve up a nourishing new broth of off-the-wall fun I say, there's two guys in my soup
- Funnymen Greg Hemphill and Robert Florence star as wrestling night brings curtain down on Kelvin Hall
- Robert Florence on Twitter — Robert Florence's Twitter feed.
- DowntimeTown - The official website of Robert Florence's online boardgame show, DowntimeTown.
- consolevania.com — The official website of Robert Florence and Ryan Macleod's online videogame series, Consolevania.
- videoGaiden — BBC Scotland's website for Robert Florence and Ryan Macleod's BBC2 videogame series, videoGaiden.
- Cardboard Children - Florence's board game feature for Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- The God of Games - Robert Florence's gaming blog
- Bold Yin - The official website for Robert Florence, Joanne Daly and Iain Connell's comedy production company
- Robert Florence at the Internet Movie Database