|Birth name||Rodney Ramone Hill, Jr.|
|Also known as||Rocko da Don|
|Born||December 28, 1979|
|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, southern hip hop|
|Labels||A1 Recordings/E1 Music|
|Associated acts||Monica, Gucci Mane, Drumma Boy, Future, Brandon Richardson, T.I.|
Rodney Ramone Hill, Jr., (born December 28, 1979) better known by his stage name Rocko, is an American rapper and actor.
Rocko released his first studio album, Self Made, on March 18, 2008. The album peaked at number twenty-one on Billboard 200, number six on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums and number four on Top Rap Albums. It spawned the single "Umma Do Me", which peaked at number sixty-six on Billboard Hot 100. His 2013 single "U.O.E.N.O." featuring Future and Rick Ross peaked at #20 on the Hot 100.
- 1 Music career
- 2 Controversy
- 3 Other Ventures
- 4 Personal life
- 5 Legal issues
- 6 Discography
- 7 Filmography
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Rocko started high as a ghostwriter and producer somewhere around 1999. In 2002, he established his own label Rocky Road Records and began working with artists like rapper and singer from Birmingham,AL Young Dro, Zodiak DaDon and Dem Franchize Boyz. He released several mixtapes before being signed by L.A. Reid to Def Jam Records in October 2006.
2007-09: Self Made
He released his first studio album, Self Made on March 18, 2008. It featured production from Drumma Boy, Cool & Dre, The Runners and J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League and contributions came from guest artists Lloyd, Dre, Kevin Cossom as well as Monica. The album spawned the single "Umma Do Me, his first single had managed to get on the Billboard Hot 100.
2010-present: Seeing is Believing
His second studio album One of One was originally supposed to be released on Def Jam but never did after parting ways wit Def Jam Looking for better label situations & forming his newly founded label A-1 Recordings. On March 1, 2010 he released the mixtape Wild Life, due to positive feedback from the mixtape Rocko re-released it as a album.
On February 9, 2011 Rocko released his mixtape Rocko Dinero. On November 24, 2011 he released the mixtape Gift of Gab, the mixtape spawned Rocko's single "Squares Out Your Circle" with his A1 artist Future. On October 25, 2012 Rocko released the mixtape Wordplay.
On January 26, 2013 it was announced that Rocko was considering joining his old business partner L.A. Reid's label Epic which is also home to his friend & artist Future, but stating he was not quite sure. On February 16, 2013 he released Gift of Gab 2, the mixtape is known for the controversial single "U.O.E.N.O." featuring Future & Rick Ross. The song made a hot shot debut on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart at #44 and has peaked at #14. "U.O.E.N.O." also peaked at #38 on the Hot 100, becoming his first top 40 hit. Also On February 16, 2013 it was announced that Rocko inked in a distribution deal with E1 Music for his label A1, & that his believed mixtape Seeing is Believing will now be his forthcoming second studio album & it will not be entitled One of One. On March 25, 2013 Rocko hinted of a possible collaboration album between him & Future. Rocko's next upcoming mixtapes to promote Seeing is Believing is Wordplay 2 & #IGNANT.
In a line on Rocko's song "U.O.E.N.O.", fellow rapper Rick Ross raps the line, "Put molly all in her champagne/ She ain't even know it/ I took her home and I enjoyed that/ She ain't even know it." A petition containing 72,000 signatures was presented to Reebok, demanding they drop Ross as a spokesman for the lyrics which appeared to condone date rape. Ross has apologized for the lyrics, claiming they weren't about rape. He was dropped by Reebok on April 11, 2013. Rocko later dropped the Rick Ross verse in order to get radio play.
|Country of origin||United States|
- Self Made
- Artist: Rocko as Rocko da Don
- Label: A1 Recordings
- Release Date: June 22, 2010
- Format: Audio Cassette, digital download
- Artist: Bloody Jay
- Label: A1 Recordings/ABG
- Release Date: October 31, 2012
- Format: CD, digital download, LP
- Street Lottery
- Seeing is Believing
- Artist: Rocko
- Label: A1 Recordings/E1 Music
- Release Date: TBA, 2013
- Format: CD, digital download, LP
- Artist: Future
- Label: A1 Recordings/Freebandz/Epic Records
- Release Date: TBA, 2013
- Format: CD, digital download
Hill has three sons. His first born is named Ramone Malik Hill (born November 3, 1995) from a previous relationship. Known by his nickname Uno, he is a spitting image of his father. Hill and R&B singer Monica also have two children together Rodney Ramone Hill III (born May 21, 2005) aka Lil' Rock and Romelo Montez Hill (born January 8, 2008). In October 2009, it was announced that Monica & Hill separated surrounding rumors Hill cheated on Monica. They officially parted on March 11, 2010.
In January 2009, Rocko was sentenced to 48 hours jail for an altercation with a woman back in 2007.
- Studio albums
- 2008: Self Made
- 2013: Seeing is Believing
- Collaboration albums
- 2014: TBA (with Future)
- Independent albums
- 2010: Wildlife
- 2013: The Spot - (as Lehgo)
- 2009: Monica: Still Standing - (Guest stars as Himself)
- 2013: Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta (Season 2) - (Stars as Himself)
- 2013: T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle - (Guest stars as Himself)
- "Rocko - Music Videos, Songs, News, Photos and Lyrics". MTV.com. Retrieved December 19, 2011.
- "Self-Made: Rocko". at Amazon.com. Retrieved December 19, 2011.
- "Self-Made - Rocko". Billboard.com. Retrieved December 19, 2011.
- "Rocko Album & Song Chart History". Billboard.com. March 15, 2008. Retrieved December 19, 2011.
- "Show & Prove: Rocko". XXLMag.com. February 29, 2008. Retrieved December 19, 2011.
- "Rick Ross rape lyric apology not accepted". 3 News NZ. April 5, 2013.
- "RICK ROSS REEBOK GIVES RAPPER THE BOOT". TMZ. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "Rocko replaces Rick Ross rap". 3 News NZ. April 12, 2013.
- Winslow, Mike (26 January 2009). "'Umma Do Me' Rapper Rocko Sentenced to Jail". Allhiphop.com. Retrieved 19 December 2011.