|Full name||Rodney Sneijder|
|Date of birth||31 March 1991|
|Place of birth||Utrecht, Netherlands|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Current club||Almere City|
|2011–2012||→ FC Utrecht (loan)||23||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 February 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Rodney Sneijder (born 31 March 1991) is a Dutch association football midfielder who currently plays for Almere City in the Dutch Eerste Divisie. He is the brother of Galatasaray midfielder Wesley Sneijder and Jeffrey Sneijder.
Born in Utrecht, Rodney Sneijder joined the famous De Toekomst youth set up at Ajax in 2000 after scoring four goals of 7-1 defeat of an Ajax junior side for youth team, DOS Elinkwijk. In May 2008, it was reported that Wesley Sneijder had prevented his younger brother from a summer transfer to his club at the time, Real Madrid. Wesley Sneijder said, "Real Madrid wanted him and Rodney was very happy about that. But when I heard, I stopped the discussions. I am not in favour of juniors increasingly going to top clubs. I've told him that he first must make a break through at Ajax." He was elevated to the senior squad at just 19 years of age in January 2011 and a month later signed a professional contract with the club to extend his stay in Amsterdam until at least 2013.
Rodney had several clubs interested in him, during the 2011 summer transfer window but chose to sign for hometown club FC Utrecht on a season long loan. He made his league debut on 27 August 2011, scoring in a 3–1 victory over Roda JC. Sneijder scored his second goal for Utrecht in a 3-0 defeat of RKC Waalwijk on 1 October, opening the scoring in the 16th minute with a sweetly struck free kick. Sneijder's third goal for the club came soon after, he netted a marvelous 30 yard strike on 22 October against Heerenveen S.C., but the goal proved only to be a consolation as Utrecht fell 4-1. Sneijder made his 20th and last Eredivisie appearance for the club in the final game of the season, another 3-1 victory over Roda JC, and the midfielder was subbed off in the 85th minute for Gevero Markiet.
On 9 July 2012 it was announced that Rodney Sneijder had taken a two year contract with the club from Waalwijk. Sneijder signed a two-year contract with the North Brabant club, lasting through June 2014. In his full debut with RKC, Sneijder scored two goals to help his new side to a 3-2 victory over Dutch giants PSV on 12 August.
- Rodney Sneijder
- Rodney Sneijder seeking to escape Wesley's shadow and make a name for himself - Half-time Oranje - FourFourTwo
- Rodney Sneijder Ajaxinside.nl
- "Sneijder blocked Real Madrid move for kid brother". Archived from the original on 12 May 2008. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
- Sneijder Signs Ajax Contract Extension Until 2013 - Goal.com
- TransferMarketWeb.com news: HOLLAND/ OFFICIAL, Ajax, Sneijder junior on loan to Utrecht
- "Report: FC Utrecht v Roda JC Kerkrade". ESPN Soccernet. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- RKC Waalwijk
- Report: FC Utrecht v Heerenveen - Dutch Eredivisie - ESPN Soccernet
- Report: Roda JC Kerkrade v FC Utrecht - Dutch Eredivisie - ESPN Soccernet
- Ajax - Rodney Sneijder naar RKC Waalwijk
- "Voetbal » Selectie & Staf 2012 – 2013". RKC Waalwijk. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "RKC Waalwijk beat PSV 3-2 in opening league match". 7M Sports. 12 August 2012.
- "Rodney Sneijder verkast naar Almere City FC". Voetbal International. 3 February 2014.