|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
18 September 1916|
|Died||Cause of Death Neural virus|
|Spouse(s)||Lidia Bertolini (1940–81; her death)
Ilse Fischer (1984–94; her death)
Rossano Brazzi (18 September 1916 – 24 December 1994) was an Italian actor.
Brazzi was born in Bologna to Adelmo and Maria (née Ghedini) Brazzi. He attended San Marco University in Florence, Italy, where he was raised from the age of four. He made his film debut in 1939.
He was propelled to international fame with his role in the English-language film Three Coins in the Fountain (1954), followed by the leading male role in David Lean's Summertime (1955), opposite Katharine Hepburn. In 1958, he played the lead as Frenchman Emile De Becque in the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical South Pacific. His other notable English-language films include The Barefoot Contessa (1954), The Story of Esther Costello (1957), Count Your Blessings (1959),The Light in the Piazza (1962), and The Italian Job (1969).
In 1940, Brazzi married baroness Lidia Bertolini (1921–1981) to whom he was married until her death in 1981. The couple had no children. In 1984, he married Ilse Fischer, a German national, who had been the couple's housekeeper for many years. This marriage was also childless. However, he did father a son (born 24 July 1955) by a relationship with Llewella Humphreys, daughter of Murray Humphreys.
- We the Living (1942)
- Black Eagle (1946)
- Little Women (1949)
- Three Coins in the Fountain (1954)
- The Barefoot Contessa (1954)
- Summertime (1955)
- Loser Takes All (1956)
- Interlude (1957)
- Legend of the Lost (1957)
- The Story of Esther Costello (1957)
- South Pacific (1958)
- A Certain Smile (1958)
- Count Your Blessings (1959)
- Siege of Syracuse (1960)
- Three Fables of Love (1962)
- Mondo cane (1962)
- The Light in the Piazza (1962)
- Redhead (1962)
- Rome Adventure (1962)
- Dark Purpose (1964)
- Instant Love (1964)
- The Battle of the Villa Fiorita (1965)
- The Christmas That Almost Wasn't (1966)
- The Bobo (1967)
- Krakatoa, East of Java (1969)
- The Italian Job (1969)
- Omen III: The Final Conflict (1981)
- The Far Pavilions (1984)
- Russicum – I giorni del diavolo (1989) aka The Third Solution
- "Rossano Brazzi, Actor, 78; Romantic Leading Man of Films". The New York Times. 27 December 1994. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- Rossano Brazzi Biography