|Rustomji Homusji Mody|
Bombay, Bombay Presidency, British India
|Died||16 May 2014
|Occupation||Chairman of Tata Steel from 1984–1993|
|Spouse(s)||Siloo Russi Mody|
|Parent(s)||Sir Homi Mody and Lady Jerbhai|
Russi was born on 17 January 1918 in Mumbai to a Parsi family. His father was Sir Homi Mody. His mother was Lady Jerbai Mody née Dubash. Russi had two brothers, Kali Homi Mody and Piloo Mody.
After a few years of schooling in India, he was sent to England for further studies. He studied at Harrow School and later at Christ Church College, Oxford. On his return to India he joined Tata Steel as an office assistant. Russi was married to Siloo Mugaseth, the daughter of his mother's sister, and lived in Kolkata until his death.
Mody joined Tata Steel in 1939 and he was promoted to the position of Director of Personnel in 1953. He took up the position of the Director of Raw Materials in 1965. In 1970, he was appointed as Director of Operations and became Joint Managing Director in 1972. Russi once accompanied Albert Einstein on piano while Einstein played violin.
- "Tata Steel Vanguards". Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- Mukherjee, Partha (2008). Russi Modi: The Man who also made Steel. Stellar Publishers Pvt. Ltd. p. 250.
- Seth, Niharika (2005). Russi Modi: The Man And His Vision. Rupa & Co. p. 96. ISBN 81-291-0325-7.
- "Tata Group Media Reports".
- "The Hindu Business Line". 17 November 2007. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- "Former Tata Steel and Air India Chairman Russi Mody dies at 96". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 17 May 2014.