|Daily ridership||Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.
Line 2: 137,927
|Address||172-66 Samseong 1-dong,
538 Teherandaero Jiha,
|Date opened||December 23, 1982|
|Platforms/tracks||1 / 2|
Samseong Station is a station on the Seoul Subway Line 2. It serves the eastern area of Teheranno. Some of the more famous buildings near the station include World Trade Center Seoul, COEX Mall, Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) headquarters, Korea Air City Terminal (buses run from here to Incheon and Gimpo Airports, and vice versa), and Gangnam main police and fire stations.
The ridership of this station is very high, consistently ranking among the five most heavily used subway stations in Korea. The table below shows the average daily ridership of recent 3 years (2013 will be uploaded at the end of this year).
The name of this station sounds like Samsung, but there is no relation between the two.
The 836-meter (914-yard) section of sidewalk along Yeongdong Boulevard from exit No.5 of this station, outside COEX Convention & Exhibition Center and ASEM Tower is designated as a smoke-free zone by the Seoul Metropolitan Government.
|Lobby||Customer Service, Shops, Vending machines, ATMs|
|Inner loop||← Line 2 toward Chungjeongno (Seolleung)|
|Outer loop||→ Line 2 toward City Hall (Sports Complex) →|
- Exit 1 : Gangnam Police Station
- Exit 2 : Russian Embassy of Korea
- Exit 3 : Hwimoon Middle & High Schools
- Exit 4 : POSCO Center, Daemyeong Middle School
- Exit 5 : Korea Air City Terminal, Hyundai Department Store
- Exit 6 : COEX Mall (direct passageway), World Trade Center Seoul
- Exit 7 : KEPCO Headquarters
- Exit 8 : Gangnam Fire Station
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Kwon, Sang-soo (12 September 2012). "City designates area by COEX as smoke-free". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|
toward City Hall
|This article about a railway station in South Korea is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|