|Village development committee|
|Time zone||Nepal Time (UTC+5:45)|
Sauraha is a village in Nepal's Chitwan District situated close to the Rapti River and the Chitwan National Park, 23 km (14 mi) east of Narayangarh city. It is the eastern gateway to Chitwan National Park. Beginning literally as a small and quaint village of daub huts, houses and hotels, it has grown into a small town with hotels, resorts, restaurants, internet cafes, and gift shops.
In addition to good road access, Sauraha has good air connections through Bharatpur airport with regular daily air services from Pokhara and Kathmandu. The airport lies just 15 kilometer to the west of Sauraha. Will need to change to bus, jeep, taxi for connection to Sauraha.
- Via Kathmandu: there are three types of buses available. Cheaper Birganj bound buses which will drop you at Tadi Bazaar about 4 kilometers north of Sunauli where you can easily get local bus, taxi, rickshaws, tanga/pony carts. These second bit more expensive type is the direct tourist buses that are no more comfortable than normal intercity except they are full of tourists. A third type are more comfortable aircondition buses (Greenline, etc.). All buses will travel via Mugling, Narayangarh/Bharatpur, Tadi Bazaar, Sauraha; 4–5 hours.
- Via Sunauli / Bhairahawa on an eastern bound (Birganj/Biratnagar) buses traveling through Butwal, Bharatpur, Tadi Bazaar. Change to local bus, jeep, pony cart, rickshaw to Sauraha: 3 – 4 hours.
- Via Pokhara: direct tourist buses are available via Mugling, Narayangarh / Bharatpur, Tadi Bazaar, Sauraha; 3 – 4 hours.
- Chitwan National Park
- Tharu people
- Devghat - the Hindu religious destination
- International Elephant polo
Jungle / wildlife safaris by foot, jeep and elephant. You are for sure to see the rhinoceros. Also many types of deer, monkeys, and Bengal tiger. Bird watching in and around the jungle. Especially bishajar Tal (20,000 lakes) wetlands area approximately 10 kilometers north west from Sauraha.