|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
Sirik (Persian: سيريك, also Romanized as Sīrīk; also Sirik-e Kohneh (Persian: سيريك کهنه), also Romanized as Sīrīk-e Kohneh) is a city in and the capital of Byaban District, in Minab County, Hormozgan Province, Iran. It overlooks the Strait of Hormuz and contains a small harbour to the northwest of the main settlement. At the 2006 census, its population was 3,640, in 640 families. The Minab River empties into the sea near Sirik, and a mangrove estuary is located here. To the northwest along the coast to Bandar-e-Abbas, there are thousands of hidden caves and valleys dotted around the horn of the Strait of Hormuz.
- Sirik, Iran can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3085885" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)" (Excel). Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original on 2011-11-11.
- Bird, Eric (8 April 2010). Encyclopedia of the World's Coastal Landforms. Springer. p. 1052. ISBN 978-1-4020-8638-0.
- Alongi, Daniel M. (18 January 2009). The Energetics of Mangrove Forests. Springer. p. 199. ISBN 978-1-4020-4271-3.
- Pendleton, Don (1 July 2008). Defense Breach. Gold Eagle. p. 116. ISBN 978-1-4268-1952-0.
|This Minab County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|