Southern Leyte State University
|Motto||Knowledge. Service. Innovation.|
|Established||March 7, 2004|
|President||Gloria M. Reyes|
|Location||Sogod, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Southern Leyte State University (SLSU) is a public university in the Philippines. It is mandated to provide advanced education, higher technological, professional instruction and training in trade, fishery, agriculture, forestry, science, education, commerce, engineering and related courses. It is also mandated to undertake research and extension services, and provided progressive leadership in its areas of specialization. Formerly the Southern Leyte State College of Science and Technology, SLSU was converted through the passage of Republic Act 9261 on March 7, 2004. SLSU is the only college university in the province of Southern Leyte.
- The five campuses that comprise the University
- Sogod - Main Campus - shall focus on quality programs in Science and Technology
- Hinunangan - shall focus on agricultural entrepreneurship
- Tomas Oppus - shall focus on academic institution in teacher education
- San Juan - shall focus on business and administration
- Bontoc - shall focus on fishery development
- SLSU- Main (Sogod)
- RA No. 4352 established Sogod National Trade School on July 7, 1969
- RA No. 1250 converted SNTS into Southern Leyte School of Arts and Trades on December 14, 1981
- RA No. 7930 converted SLSAT into a chartered college and renamed as Southern Leyte State College of Science and Technology on March 1, 1995
- RA No. 7722, RA No. 8292, and GAA of 1999 integrated SLSCST (Southern Leyte State College of Science and Technology)to three Higher Education Institutions
- RA 9261 established the Southern Leyte State University and made the college its main campus
- SLSU- Hinunangan Campus
- RA 5380 established the Hinunangan Agricultural and Vocational School on September 1, 1975.
- RA 7931 converted the school into a tertiary institution and renamed to the Southern Leyte Institute of Agriculture and Technology
- RA 9261 established the Southern Leyte State University - Hinunangan after its integration with SLSCST in 1999.
- SLSU- Tomas Oppus
- P.D. 2024 established the Tomas Oppus Normal College which was formerly known as the Tomas Oppus Community College and eventually became a State College on February 1, 1986.
- DECS Regional Office granted the school to offer a 4-yearcourse in AB and BSED programs in 1987
- RA 9261 established the Southern Leyte State University through the integration of this college with SLSCST on March 7, 2004
- SLSU- Bontoc
- RA No. 3938 established the Bontoc Agricultural and Technical School on June 7, 1964 and three years later was renamed to **Bontoc National Agricultural and Fishery School
- BP Bilang 494 established the Southern Leyte Agro-Fishery Technical Institute which became a full-pledged tertiary institution on June 10, 1983
- BP Bilang 888 renamed the school to Ruperto K. Kangleon Memorial Agro-Fisheries Technical Institute on November 22, 1985.
- RA 9261 established the Southern Leyte State University- Bontoc after its integration with SLSCST in 1999
- SLSU- San Juan Campus
- The San Juan Polytechnic College was formerly a Municipal High School established in 1946 and eighteen years later, it was converted into Cabalian National Vocational High School by Legislation.
- In 1968, Congress changed the school into San Juan Comprehensive High School and by virtue of Batas
- Pambansa Blg. 569 the San Juan Polytechnic College was established on June 24, 1983.
- RA 9261 established the Southern Leyte State University-San Juan after its integration with SLSCST in 1999.
- BS Civil Engineering
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Industrial Education
- BS Information Technology
- BS Industrial Technology
- BS Agricultural Entrepreneurship
- BS Education
- BS Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Science inFisheries
- BS in Office Administration
- BS in Agricultural Technology
- Asso. Information Technology
- Asso. Industrial Technology
- Diploma in Computer Systems Technician
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master in Public Administration
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Master in Management
- Master in Technology Education
- Philippine Republic Act No. 9261 Section 2