Eulogio "Amang" Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology
|Eulogio "Amang" Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology|
|President||Dr. Eduardo S. Caillo|
|Campus||Manila and Cavite|
|Nickname||EARIST Red Fox|
Eulogio "Amang" Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology (EARIST) is a chartered state college of the Philippines on Nagtahan Road in Manila. The college was named after Senator Eulogio "Amang" Rodriguez. The college became famous for its excellence in vocational-technical education programs. From being a voc-tech institution, it evolved into a full-fledged higher education institution offering baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs.
The Eulogio "Amang" Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology EARIST was established after the liberation of Manila in 1945. EARIST started as a vocational high school with only one room at the second floor of the Mapa High School, nine teachers, a clerk, and 147 students under Mr. Pantaleon Regala, its principal. Its former name was Eulogio Rodriguez Vocational High School (ERVHS).
EARIST's development was made possible via three Republic Acts and a Presidential Decree:
- Republic Act 4072, jointly sponsored by then Congressman Ramon Bagatsing and Salih Ututalum in 1964, authorized the establishment of the Technical Education Department without changing the name of the school. It was headed by a vocational director.
- Republic Act 5088, sponsored by Congressman Sergio Loyola in 1967, authorized the renaming of ERVHS to Eulogio "Amang" Rodriguez Memorial School of Arts and Trades (EARMSAT) and signaled its separation from the Division of City Schools, Manila. It was headed by a superintendent.
- Republic Act 6595, sponsored by Congressman Joaquin R. Roces in 1972, converted EARMSAT to EARIST with a president as its head. This made EARIST into a full-fledged college and authorized the establishment of vocational-technical school branches in each congressional district of Manila.
- Presidential Decree 1524, signed by President Ferdinand E. Marcos on June 11, 1978, converted Eulogio "Amang" Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology (EARIST) into a chartered state college with a Board of Trustees as its governing body and Dr. Hilario G. Nudas, as its first college president.
- EARIST-Cavite Campus, formerly called EARIST-GASAT (General Alvarez School of Arts and Trades), is a branch school of EARIST in Manila, a government state college, it operates with the funding support from the budgetary allotment of its mother institution, EARIST.
Being a government state college, it has been providing quality science and technology education with the lowest tuitions free for the lest privilege yet educationally deserving residents of G.M.A. and the adjoining municipalities in Cavite and CALABARZON area. Establish on March 24, 1982, EARIST-Cavite Campus started by offering vocational-technical courses - with Mr. ROdrigo P. HIpol (Dr. Hipol) who as designated as superintendent, utilizing the old NASIDA Building in G.M.A. but later transferred to its present school site of 31, 282 square meter lot donaated by the National HousingAuthority in 1986.It also opened theFour-Year Secondary Trade Education program in the school year 1983-84 and offered collegiate cources: Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology (BSIT) in the year 1985-86, Bachelor of Science in Industrial Education (BSIE), and Bachelor of Science in Business Education (BSBE) in 1989–90; Bachelor of Science in Office Administration (BSOA) course in 1999-2000; Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS) in 1995-96, the Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management (BSHRM) and the Bachelor of Science in Education (BSE) in school year 2003–2004.Through the collaborative efforts of EARIST officials;the municipal and provincial government officials led by former Congressman Renato P. Dragon, its present three story main school building was initially constructed in March 1990 and ten-phase building projects were completed in 1999. EARIST-Cavite continues to serve its clientele in the tradition of excellence in the field of science and technology as its strives to be globally competitive and productive.
EARIST Red Fox is the official varsity name of EARIST. It is officially used by the school in athletic games like State Colleges and Universities Athletic Association - National Capital Region (SCUAA-NCR), Philippine Inter Schools, Colleges and Universities Athletic Association (PISCUAA), Fr. Martin Basketball Cup and Philippine University Games.
Red Fox Dance Company is the official Street/ Modern Dance Group of EARIST. It was formed by Dr. Ruben T. Gozo, Director Office of the Culture and Arts and Gov. Hilbert Policarpio of CBA last August 23, 2013. It is later co-managed by Prof. Louis Ryan S. Angeles of College of Education with Mr. Arthur Simbulas and Hon. Reinee Rose Sagum, 2013 Student Trustee.
ACHIEVEMENTS as of April 7, 2014
1.) Finalist - Skechers Dance Battle 9 | SM Mall of Asia Arena | November 23, 2013 2.) Grand Champion - Dance for Health by Healthway Medical, Inc. | November 18, 2013 | Glorietta, Makati City 3.) Finalist - Rhythm Street Dance Year 12 by RX 93.1 | December 6, 2013 | Robinsons Ermita Atrium, Manila 4.) Finalist - Dance 4 Life by Abby & Co. | March 1, 2014 | San Andres Sports Complex 5.) "Meet & Greet RFDC" Dance Concert | November 13, 2013 | EARIST Amphi-Theater 6.) "Dancethology" Dance Concert | February 17-18, 2014 | EARIST Amphi-Theater 7.) Finalist - Extreme Dance Showdown (XDS) by MDLP Events Specialist, Inc. | March 29, 2014 | Crossroad 77, Quezon City 8.) 5th Place - Battlegrounds Philippines 2014 by WSB | April 6, 2014 | San Andres Sports Complex 9.) Skypad Flash Mob with Sam Concepcion and LSDC Street | May 19, 2014 | SM North EDSA
EARIST Technozette is the official student publication of this school. The first issue to publish was on the first semester of 1980.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eulogio "Amang" Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology.|