Star in the Hood (company)
|Private Unlimited Company|
|Headquarters||Norwich, United Kingdom|
|Owner||Takeover Group Macau|
Star in the Hood Unltd. (or S.I.T.H) is an international mid-range to luxury clothing company founded by Kwasi Danquah III, (Tinchy Stryder) named after his pseudonym Star in the Hood in 2006. A wholly owned subsidiary and business division of parent Takeover Group, Star In The Hood specializes in men's, women's lifestyle street wear and accessories, stocked at JD Sports in 155 stores in the United Kingdom, also in Europe, and Southeast Asia.
Star In The Hood is established with a line that consist of Varsity Jackets, gilets, Hoodies, Tracksuits, T-shirts, Sweatshirts, Sweatpants, Denim Jeans; outerwear in leather, down, cotton, and technical fabrics; Caps, Tuque’s, Ushankas, Fashion accessories. The items are produced in very limited quantities and are usually sold for mid-range to high-end prices. The sunglasses, belts, and the watches are made according to their demand, making these items the brands most exclusive products.
In 2010, Star In The Hood became an international brand, and entered a partnership with JD Sports. Following the brand partnering with JD Sports and Kwasi Danquah's business deal with Roc Nation LLC in June 2010, Kwasi Danquah III and Sean "Jay-Z" Carter were in talks on how best to expand the brand further and establish itself as a dominant force. In September 2011, Star In The Hood created the hip hop fashion brand MIGI Clothing.
In December 2011, Star In The Hood began its steps to creating its flagship stores in Asia in order to increase its financial returns. In May 2012, Star In The Hood began its steps to expanding its range and start creating suits, dress shoes, footwear, lingerie and undergarments. The expansion of its range came as Star In The Hood prepares to launch and relocate its headquarters to East Asia.
Star In The Hood is a popular brand among celebrities, with many international celebrities wearing the brand and appearing in magazines and catalogs, due to its flashy designs and 'original artwork'. The clothing is designed with input from a team of fashion designers, tailors and Kwasi Danquah III himself, making sure the brand stays true to its original concept and as the dominant force in fashion design and bespoke tailoring. Although designed as street fashion, the Autumn/Winter 2011 collection took influence from the likes of Armani, Levi’s and Gucci. These designs are used throughout the Star In The Hood range, on accessories, hoodies, jackets, t-shirts and hats. Star In The Hood has also collaborated with many other famous brands, such as Nike, G-Shock, and Apple Inc, and collaborated and worn by musicians and people such as Rihanna, Alexis Jordan, Emily Deyn (Sister of Agyness Deyn), Frankie Sandford, Tinie Tempah, Jodie Connor, and Maria Falbo (Female Professional skateboarder).
- "Star In The Hood – JD Sports". JD Sports. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "Star In The Hood Clothing Launches Into JD Stores". Marketwire. October 27, 2010. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "FASHION: Star In The Hood Clothing To Be Stocked In JD Sports". RWDmag. October 6, 2010. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "About Star In The Hood clothing". Star In The Hood. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "Tinchy Stryder tips off Jay-Z about X Factor’s Cher Lloyd". BBC News. 18 November 2010. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- Richard Gilzene (November 8, 2011). "Interview Time: Tinchy Stryder Talks Winning A MOBO Award, Meeting Jay-Z & More". taletela.com. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- Richard Gilzene. "Interview Time: Tinchy Stryder Talks Winning A MOBO Award, Meeting Jay-Z & More"., "Tinchy Stryder to design Women’s Swimwear Line". fashionloving. February 24, 2012. Retrieved May 18, 2012.
- "NEWS: Tinchy Stryder and Joe Cole Bring JD Sports To Standstill!!!". RWDmag. May 13, 2010. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "G-Shock Friends – Tinchy Stryder". G-Shock. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "Rihanna Wears Tinchy Srtyder Jumper". MTV. January 19, 2011. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "Alexis Jordan in Star In The Hood Snapback". 4Nb.co.uk. January 19, 2011. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "Alexis: Grime can be big in America". The Sun. November 5, 2010. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "FASHION: Star In The Hood Premiere SS11 Range From Nothing To Something". RWDmag. April 18, 2011. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "Frankie from the Saturdays in Star In The Hood Clothing". 4nB.co.uk. January 19, 2011. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "Tinie Tempah models Star In The Hood clothing". yinnyang.co.uk. July 14, 2010. Retrieved August 23, 2011.