Stephenville High School
|Stephenville High School|
|2650 W Overhill Dr.
Stephenville, Texas, 76401-1972
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Stephenville Independent School District|
|Assistant principals||Stephanie Traweek
Janice K Vaughn
|Color(s)||Navy & Gold|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAA|
|Website||Stephenville High School|
Stephenville High School, or SHS is a public high school located in Stephenville, Texas (USA) and classified as a 3A school by the UIL. It is part of the Stephenville Independent School District located in central Erath County. In 2011, the school was rated "Academically Acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency.
The Stephenville Yellow Jackets compete in the following sports 
Cross Country, Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Powerlifting, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Track, Softball & Baseball
SHS has been one of the most successful football programs in the state of Texas in recent years. Though it did not make the playoffs from 1952 to 1989, the arrival of Art Briles helped turn the program around. Under Briles, the Yellow Jackets advanced to the playoffs from 1989 until his departure after the 1999 season, winning four state titles (1993, 1994, 1998, 1999) along the way. The 1998 team posted a then national record 8,650 yards of total offense and still holds the third and fourth positions on the national all-time list. Since Briles left for the collegiate ranks, Stephenville has continued to make the playoffs (with the exception of 2003) Stephenville won their 5th state title in 2012 under head coach Joseph Gillespie (a former player and coach under Art Briles).
- Girls Basketball 
- Football 
- 1993(4A), 1994(4A), 1998(4A/D2), 1999(4A/D2), 2012 (3A/D1)
- Volleyball 
- Hugh Wolfe, 1930, American football fullback for the New York Giants
- Branndon Stewart, 1993, American football quarterback at the Texas A&M University
- Kelan Luker, American football player and rock musician and a current American football coach
- Kevin Kolb, 2003, American football quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals, attended the University of Houston 
- Jevan Snead, 2006, American football quarterback at the University of Mississippi
- Cody Davis, 2008, American football Safety for the Texas Tech University Red Raiders.
- Brock Holt, 2006, American baseball infielder for Boston Red Sox
- Sam Behymer, 2006, American singer/songwriter and contestant on The Voice (U.S. season 6)
- Texas Tribune
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- The Athletics Department
- UIL Girls Basketball Archives
- Lone Star Football Network
- UIL Volleyball Archives
- "Kevin Kolb, QB for the Arizona Cardinals at". Nfl.com. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Jevan Snead - Yahoo! Sports". Rivals.yahoo.com. 2005-11-13. Retrieved 2011-08-04.