Still Loving You
|"Still Loving You"|
|Single by Scorpions|
|from the album Love at First Sting|
CD single (1992 remix)
|Length||4:48 (single version)
6:33 (album version)
6:12 (1992 Remix)
|Label||Universal Music Group|
|Writer(s)||Klaus Meine and Rudolf Schenker|
|Scorpions singles chronology|
"Still Loving You" is a song by German hard rock band Scorpions. It was released in July 1984 as the second single from their album Love at First Sting. The song reached number 64 on Billboard Hot 100. In France, the single sold 1.7 million copies.
Original version (1984)
7" Single (Harvest 20 0329 7)
- "Still Loving You" (Single Version) - 4:48
- "Holiday" - 6:31 (Taken from Lovedrive)
CD single (Harvest 1 C 560-204675-2)
- "Still Loving You" (Remix - Album Version) – 6:12
- "Still Loving You" (Remix - Radio Version) – 3:58
- "Media Overkill" – 3:34 (Taken from Savage Amusement)
Charts and certification
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
- The song appears on the Scorpions' 1985 live double-album World Wide Live.
- A remixed version of the studio album version was included on the album Still Loving You in 1992. The remixed version was also released as a single in Germany and some other European countries.
- The song was later recorded on Scorpions' 2001 album Acoustica.
- A version of the song was recorded for Scorpions' 2011 album Comeblack featuring Amandine Bourgeois.
- A Romanian version was recorded by Mihaela Valentina Runceanu in 1989 entitled "Eu Nu Te-am Uitat".
- It was covered by Finnish power metal band Sonata Arctica on their 2000 EP Successor.
- The Alex Skolnick Trio recorded a bebop version of the song on their 2002 album Goodbye to Romance: Standards for a New Generation.
- Swedish group Tyskarna från Lund released a cover of the song on their album Metamorphobia in 2003.
- Finnish pop/jazz/folk band Korpi Ensemble covered the song on their album Trails in 2007.
- It was covered by Steve Whiteman of Kix and George Lynch of Dokken and appears on Lynch's 2008 album Scorpion Tales.
- In 2008, Ecuadorian band Corvus recorded a Spanish version called "Aun te amo" on their album En tu asusencia, preserving their hard rock style.
- A Brazilian version was recorded by Cleiton e Camargo entitled "Meu Anjo Azul".
- ""Still Loving You"". Songfacts.com. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- "Scorpions - "Still loving you"". mvdbase.com. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Ultratop.be – Scorpions – Still Loving You" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Lescharts.com – Scorpions – Still Loving You" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Chartverfulgong > Scorpions > Still Loving You – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Scorpions – Still Loving You" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Swisscharts.com – Scorpions – Still Loving You". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "French single certifications – Scorpions – Still Loving You" (in French). InfoDisc. Select SCORPIONS and click OK
- "Les Singles de Platine :" (in French). Infodisc.fr. Retrieved November 22, 2012.
- "Mihaela Runceanu - Pentru Voi, Muguri Noi at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- Prato, Greg (2008-03-18). "Scorpion Tales - George Lynch : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Republik Rock Pop".