Still Loving You
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (December 2009)|
|"Still Loving You"|
|Single by Scorpions|
|from the album Love at First Sting|
CD single (1992 remix)
|Length||4:48 (single version)
6:33 (album version)
6:12 (1992 Remix)
|Label||Universal Music Group|
|Writer(s)||Klaus Meine and Rudolf Schenker|
|Scorpions singles chronology|
"Still Loving You" is a power ballad by Scorpions from their 1984 album Love at First Sting. It was the second single of the album, reaching #64 on Billboard Hot 100. In France, the single sold 1.7 million copies. The music video was released in July 1984, and was filmed in Dallas, Texas at Reunion Arena.
A remixed version of the studio album version was included on the album Still Loving You in 1992. The remixed version was also released as a single in Germany and some other European countries. The band has also re-recorded the song twice, with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra in 2000 for the album Moment of Glory and an acoustic re-working for the album Acoustica in 2001.
Original Version (1984)
7" Single (Harvest 20 0329 7)
- "Still Loving You" (Single Version) - 4:48
- "Holiday" - 6:31 (Taken from Lovedrive)
CD single (Harvest 1 C 560-204675-2)
- "Still Loving You" (Remix - Album Version) – 6:12
- "Still Loving You" (Remix - Radio Version) – 3:58
- "Media Overkill" – 3:34 (Taken from Savage Amusement)
Charts and certification
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
- The song appears on the Scorpions' 1985 live double-album World Wide Live.
- A remixed version of the studio album version was included on the album Still Loving You in 1992. The remixed version was also released as a single in Germany and some other European countries.
- The song was later recorded on Scorpions' 2001 album Acoustica.
- A version of the song was recorded for Scorpions' 2011 album Comeblack featuring Amandine Bourgeois.
- A Romanian version was recorded by Mihaela Valentina Runceanu in 1989 entitled "Eu Nu Te-am Uitat".
- It was covered by Finnish power metal band Sonata Arctica on their 2000 EP Successor.
- The Alex Skolnick Trio recorded a bebop version of the song on their 2002 album Goodbye to Romance: Standards for a New Generation.
- Swedish group Tyskarna från Lund released a cover of the song on their album Metamorphobia in 2003.
- Finnish pop/jazz/folk band Korpi Ensemble covered the song on their album Trails in 2007.
- It was covered by Steve Whiteman of Kix and George Lynch of Dokken and appears on Lynch's 2008 album Scorpion Tales.
- In 2008, Ecuadorian band Corvus recorded a Spanish version called "Aun te amo" on their album En tu asusencia, preserving their hard rock style.
- A Brazilian version was recorded by Cleiton e Camargo entitled "Meu Anjo Azul".
- "Scorpions - "Still loving you"". mvdbase.com. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- ""Still Loving You"". Songfacts.com. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- "French single certifications – Scorpions – Still Loving You" (in French). InfoDisc. Select SCORPIONS and click OK
- "Les Singles de Platine :" (in French). Infodisc.fr. Retrieved November 22, 2012.
- "Mihaela Runceanu - Pentru Voi, Muguri Noi at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- Prato, Greg (2008-03-18). "Scorpion Tales - George Lynch : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Republik Rock Pop".