Strand Theater (Plattsburgh, New York)
Strand Theater, March 2012
|Location||25 Brinkerhoff St., Plattsburgh, New York|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architect||Vaughan, William H.|
|Architectural style||Classical Revival|
|NRHP Reference #||08000922|
|Added to NRHP||September 15, 2008|
Strand Theater is a historic theater located at Plattsburgh in Clinton County, New York. It was built in 1924 as the premier theater in Plattsburgh and designed in the Classical Revival style. It consists of a vestibule, main lobby, mezzanine, auditorium, and stage with supporting spaces. It has seating for 1,326 people. It was in continuous use as a movie theater until 2005, when it was renovated to house the North Country Cultural Center for the Arts.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- Fred C. Keil and Linda M. Garofalini (August 2006). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Strand Theatre". New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2010-07-19. See also: "Accompanying eight photos".
- "The Historic Strand Theater: The Strand is the Last of Many Theaters in the City of Plattsburgh Left Standing," All Point North, By: Kaidian Smith, Spring 2003
- Cinema Treasures - Strand Theatre
- North Country Cultural Center for the Arts (NCCCA) website
|This article , about a historic property or district in Clinton County, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|