New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
NYS OPRHP logo
Albany, NY 12207
4,400 seasonal (2013)
|Annual budget||$385,693,500 USD (2014-15)|
|Agency executive||Rose Harvey, Commissioner|
The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (NYS OPRHP) is a state agency charged with the operation of 214 state parks and historic sites within the U.S. state of New York. As of 2013, the OPRHP manages nearly 335,000 acres (136,000 ha) of public lands and facilities that are visited by approximately 60 million visitors each year.
As of 2004, the OPRHP operates:
- 168 state parks
- 35 state historic sites
- 76 developed beaches
- 53 water recreational facilities
- 27 golf courses
- 39 full service cottages
- 818 cabins
- 8,355 campsites
- 18 nature centers
- 1,350 miles (2,170 km) of trails
- List of New York state parks (Includes historic sites and golf courses)
- New York State Park Police
- Long Island State Park Commission
- Robert Moses
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "Contact Us". Parks.ny.gov. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- New York State Council of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation (January 2014). "2013 Annual Report" (PDF). www.nysparks.com. p. 7. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "NYS DOB: 2014-15 Executive Budget - Agency Appropriations". Budget.ny.gov. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- "Commissioner's Biography". Nysparks.com. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
|This New York-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|