Sune Rose Wagner
|Sune Rose Wagner|
|Born||7 October 1973|
|Genres||Garage rock, indie rock, shoegazing, noise pop, surf rock|
|Labels||Columbia, Vice, Auditorium|
|Associated acts||Dum Dum Girls, Psyched Up Janis, The Tremolo Beer Gut, The Raveonettes|
Sune Rose Wagner (born October 7, 1973, Sønderborg, Denmark) is the songwriter, guitarist, and vocalist for noise pop duo, The Raveonettes. Previously, he was part of the band Psyched Up Janis, with whom he recorded three albums.
Wagner formed Western Front in Sønderborg in August 1989, which by 1992 had evolved into Psyched Up Janis, the band also relocating to Copenhagen. After several albums, and after the band relocated first to London and then to the United States, they split up in 1999, playing a farewell concert at the Roskilde Festival. He formed The Tremelo Beer Gut in 1998, and formed his most successful band The Raveonettes with Sharin Foo, after settling in Los Angeles. He has lived in New York City. but currently lives in Los Angeles. In 1999-2000 he worked as a photographer's assistant for Søren Solkær Starbird.
- Sune Rose Wagner (2008), Auditorium
- Songs of a Soundtrack (2009), He appeared on two tracks, one of them with singer Steen Jørgensen
- "Hvad Der Sker" (2008), Auditorium
- "Nu Rider Vi Stormen Af" (2010) - with Michael Falch
- Fricke, David (2004) "The Raveonettes Go Pop", Rolling Stone, 19 November 2004, retrieved 2012-06-12
- Svidt, Ole Rosenstand (2008) "Sune Rose Wagner på turné", gaffa.dk, 28 October 2008, retrieved 2012-06-12
- "Psyched Up Janis Biography", Allmusic, retrieved 2012-06-12
- Williamson, John (2003) "Adventurous style wins rave reviews; When Sune Rose Wagner started writing tracks for The Raveonettes, he had no band members and little to go on. Four years later, his originality has won an army of fans", Glasgow Herald, 18 October 2003, p. 19, retrieved 2012-06-12
- Borre, Thomas (2008) "Sune Wagner – upoetiske bekendelser", gaffa.dk, 6 December 2008, retrieved 2012-06-12
- Christensen, Simon. "Søren Solkær Starbird - Stjernefotograf". Gaffa. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- Crawford, Matt (2009) "Sune Rose Wagner of The Raveonettes: Birds of a Feather", sfstation.com, 9 January 2009, retrieved 2012-06-12
- Michael Jose Gonzalez (2009) "Sune Rose Wagner og Mellemblond VoxHall, Århus, onsdag d. 11. marts 2009", gaffa.dk, 9 March 2009, retrieved 2012-06-12
- Svidt, Ole Rosenstand (2010) "Sune Wagner og Michael Falch udgiver single", gaffa.dk, 8 October 2010, retrieved 2012-06-12