|Directed by||Nirit Peled|
|Produced by||Tamara Vuurhuis & Valérie Schuit|
|Written by||Nirit Peled & Simon van Melick|
|Music by||Amit Gur|
|Edited by||Paul Delput|
|Distributed by||NTR / Viewpoint Productions|
|Running time||66 minutes|
In the 2013 documentary "Superjews" director Nirit Peled sheds light on the supporters of the Dutch association football club AFC Ajax, who have often referred to themselves as super Jews. What makes the documentary unique however, is that she offers the perspective of both the supporters, as well as her own personal perspective as an Israeli immigrant living in Amsterdam searching to find her own identity.
Nirit Peled herself is the narrator of the documentary, which follows her into the world of Ajax, as well as back to Israel in search of her own Jewish identity, and sometimes critical view of Israel. The film is built around personal, mostly intimate and often revealing interviews, in which Peled is also in front of the camera amongst recordings from the Ajax home-stadium, the Amsterdam ArenA, archival footage from Ajax-supporters from before the 2nd World War, and unique footage of Ajax supporters visiting Israel in attendance of an away match against Maccabi Tel Aviv.
In the documentary Nirit speaks with the likes of Jeroen and Diana, hardcore Ajax-supporters, Ronald, one of the founders of F-side and creator of the fanzine De Davidster (The Star of David); longtime Ajax-archivist Mr. Schoevaart, former Ajax-chairman Uri Coronel; 11 year old Ajax-fan Jodi and his single mother; Mrs. Visser, Holocaust survivor and resident of the Jewish retirement home Beth Shalom in Amstelveen; Salo Muller,former Jewish masseuse of Ajax; and Avi the owner of CaféTraffic.
- "Interview: Superjews". IDFA.nl. Retrieved 2014-01-16.
- "Superjews: De Superjoden van Ajax". Documentairenet.nl. Retrieved 2014-01-16.
- "IDFA 2013 Documentaire: geuzennaam ‘Joden’". Ajax Totaal. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- "'Waar komt de geuzennaam 'Joden' toch vandaan?'". Parool. Retrieved 2014-01-16.
- "IDFA, Patio & Super Jews". Het Ketelhuis. Retrieved 2014-01-16.
- "Superjoden (2013)". Movie Meter. Retrieved 2014-01-16.
- "Superjews (2013) review". Cine Magazine. Retrieved 2014-01-16.
- "26e editie IDFA vandaag van start". AT5. Retrieved 2014-01-16.
|This article about a sports-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a Dutch film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|