|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Biography assessment rating comment
The fact has been neglected that Stephen Colbert posted Woodruff onto his "On Notice" board. Wtntiro 23:27, 30 March 2006 (UTC)
Someone, put a picture up!
Has the life of Bob Woodruff ended upon fatal injuries to his body?
- Injuries do not appear to be fatal. ABC News reporting Woodruff and Vogt are in serious condition undergoing surgery at a U.S. military hospital. (I work at an ABC affiliate and we are getting updates on the ABC newswire.) — Michael J 14:12, 29 January 2006 (UTC)
I take it they didn't elaborate on the injuries.
- ABC News said Woodruff has shrapnel wounds to the head, and Vogt was hit in the head and shoulder. They are reporting that Woodruff and Vogt are out of surgery, and are in stable condition recovering at a U.S. military hospital. — Michael J 18:24, 29 January 2006 (UTC)
They stated that the next few days are crucial to his survival. He is not out of the woods yet and is by no means "in the clear" at all.
Why does someone believe the disclaimer that he is not related to Judy Woodruff is irrelevant? Since I did not know that, I think it is very relevant and also factually informative since they have the same last name and the same profession. Tbeatty 03:58, 31 January 2006 (UTC)
He's also unrelated to Robert W. Woodruff of the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation. Also unrelated to the children's book author Elvira Woodruff. Also not affiliated with Woodruff Corp., a subsidiary of Primex Plastics. Get the picture? This isn't a disambiguation page. Suggest you stop stalking and get on with productive editing of video games and WWII battleships or other subjects where you are more expert. Thanks. --18.104.22.168 04:05, 31 January 2006 (UTC)
- Anon, you're the only one doing stalking here. Please leave Tbeatty alone. Daniel Davis 04:26, 31 January 2006 (UTC) (Doom127)
- The note about Judy Woodruff is completely relevant because they are both television news anchors/reporters. Whenever there are two people in the same field with the same last name, confusion about their relationship may occur. Crunch 13:21, 31 January 2006 (UTC)
- I agree with Crunch. In journalism this is referred to as "coincidental relevancy."David Hoag 17:21, 11 February 2006 (UTC)
Woodruff death vandal
The IP person who is saying he is dead (and reverted twice with unsourced info) is using a future date as the date of death (i.e. tomorrow). Unless God is using anonymous IP, the claim is highly dubious. Tbeatty 02:05, 3 February 2006 (UTC)
This article hasn't seen an update of substance since the photo was released in April. Does anyone have anything on his condition now?--Daysleeper47 19:51, 31 October 2006 (UTC)
New Book by Lee and Bob Woodruff
A new book out by Lee and Bob Woodruff, "In an Instant: A Family's Journey of Love and Healing", is a beautiful story. It's an account that needs to be read for its spiritual depth and inspiration. This book should also help with some updated information for the Bob Woodruff article.
While the book is a viable account of the injury, advertising copywriting for the book seems to bias the page regularly.