|Scott Stevens has been listed as one of the Sports and recreation good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Is Stevens missing from play, or missing as in Bill Barilko?
- No he's still alive ,for the last half of the 2003-04 season, Stevens had been out with post-concussion syndrome. After the 2004-05 NHL lockout , Stevens retired September 6th ,2005. Mightberight/wrong 25 October 2005
Wait a second
Doesnt it say stevens was the best "stay at home" defensemen and then it ays he was selected for hi offensive abilities???? :S
Devils captains succession box
Scott Stevens' immediate successor is Patrik Elias. Scott Niedermayer served as 'interim' captain (Jan-Apr 2004) during Stevens captaincy tenure (while Stevens was injured/out of lineup). GoodDay 19:06, 27 April 2007 (UTC)
Also, Stevens' captaincy (as far as NHL seasons are concerned) ended upon the conclusion of the 2003-04 NHL season, even though Stevens retired in September 2005. Why? The 2004-05 NHL season never existed. GoodDay (talk) 21:07, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
WikiProject class rating
This article was automatically assessed because at least one WikiProject had rated the article as start, and the rating on other projects was brought up to start class. BetacommandBot 16:08, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
I Politically and morally object to the use of the photo of Scott Steven with g.w. bush.
I politically and morally object to the use of the photo of Scott Steven with g.w. bush. It is not fair because it has political implications and does not dignify the heroic career of Scott Stevens. It diminishes his legacy. g.w. bush has nothing to do with anything good at all let alone the career of Captain Stevens.The person who chose this picture should understand my point about the legacy of an NHL hall of famer being soiled by linking his entire career to a man who's legacy is hurtful and undignified. Please remove this pic at once!!!!!!
Here is a better picture to use :Http://cdn.nhl.com/devils/images/upload/2007/06/4cup3.jpg —Preceding unsigned comment added by Samoht nedoow (talk • contribs) 08:24, 3 March 2008 (UTC)
- Wow, GWB fan? you're not. GoodDay (talk) 21:19, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
- First off, that's not a free image that you posted. Secondly, there are no "political implications" of the photo. I'm no Dubya fan, but the fact is he's President, and the Devils had a ceremony at the White House where he received a jersey given to him by the captain. Wikipedia is a place for neutral discussion and theoretically mature work, not the complaints of one or two disgruntled people who hate Bush. Grow up, and until you do, don't edit Wikipedia. Anthony Hit me up... 21:47, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
- In agreement. GoodDay (talk) 23:03, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
A photo of George W. Bush is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to the playing career of Scott Stevens. The Photo implies that Stevens is a bush supporter, or that the Devils organization are bush supporters. The article is about a professional hockey player, a photo of him in uniform executing his art is what should be there, either that , a photo of him in celebration with the Stanley Cup. Why is this photo still up? Someone please change it! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Captain Scott Stevens (talk • contribs) 20:55, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- As much as I agree with the desire to remove one of my least-liked people from the article for one of my favorite people, this problem can be solved simply by arguing for good aesthetics. The image is really a terrible depiction of Scott Stevens. He's not even the subject of the image and there are an absurd number of people around him. This image needs to be changed. Does anyone have a free image of him somewhere? I might, but I can't guarantee it. Flickr might be a very good resource. JHMM13(Disc) 19:49, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
- I'll agree that it is an off subject photo and would certianly prefer one with stevens in uniform or at least the actual subject of the photo. However there are many photos on wiki were the subject of the article is not the main subject of the photo, the subject is not flying the colors he is famous for, the photo is grainy, off color, or low rez. I'd suggest requesting a free photo of Scott, or putting a request or bounty on on is someone is that upset with the current image. and if a better image of Stevens can be found, then we can discuss themChildhoodtrauma (talk) 20:17, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
Someone Please replace this photo!
I would'nt expect to look up george w. bush and see him in a photo with some one out side his field. The person who chose the photo of Scott Stevens with bush for the main photo HAS OBVIOUS POLITICAL AFILIATIONS that do not reflect the views of Scott Stevens and most of his fans. Someone please put a new photo up for Scott Stevens , one that epitomises his career and not glorifies the pitiful career of someone who has nothing to do with hockey, Scott Stevens or the NJ Devils.Thank You. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Samoht nedoow (talk • contribs) 09:35, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- Wikipedia's image policy only allow "free images", this is the only free image we have of Stevens so unfortunately we can not change the image to something more fitting say an image of him playing for the Devils, unless it has a free license. —Krm500 (Communicate!) 11:06, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- I added this image because it was the only free image I could find. Also, whether you like Bush or not, it's a great honour to meet the leader of United States, and several other athletes have done so (see File:Stanley_Cup_Red_Wings_and_Bush.jpg, File:Stanley_Cup_Ducks_Bush_Speech.jpg, File:Stanley_Cup_Ducks_and_Bush_Scott_Neids_crop.jpg .-Wafulz (talk) 22:40, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
Nominating for GA
What about international recognition? he was inducted into the Slovak Hockey Hall of Fame as he is a first generation Slovak Canadian... also it would be nice to see some stats from his team Canada play. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:09, 6 May 2009 (UTC)