Talk:Web of Stories
|WikiProject Websites / Computing|
Ugly tag on the article
There's been an ugly tag on the article for several years, saying that this article is not notable enough for Wikipedia.
I disagree with what the tag says and also disagree that the tag should be placed on an article even if it were true. If the article is not notable the way to deal with it is to take it to AfD.
The following 2 citations should be enough to establish notability:
- Hollander, Carly A (2010). "Web of Stories". Access to Knowledge: A Course Journal 2 (1). Retrieved May 20, 2013. (an academic journal)
- "New Online www.webofstories.com". Metro (UK). December 13, 2011. p. 37. (a daily newspaper)
Also the following citations should be considered. If these UK charities wish to join forces with Webofstories and put that on their websites, then there is clearly some notability to the site.
- "Web of Stories Video Channel". Thyroid UK. 2012-11-19. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Changing Faces". Changing Faces. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- LAM Action. "Tell Your Story At The New LAM Video site". LAM Action. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
Finally, you have to look at who has posted (or agreed to post) their videos on the site. Nobel laureates, Pulitzer Prize winners, etc. Just consider Phillip Roth and Robert Venturi. If these folks consider the website good enough to post their videos, then it is clearly notable, even if Wikipedia doesn't have rules that can cope with this type of notability. Please don't just blindly quote rules, but use your God-given judgement.