|Founder(s)||S. S. Goenka|
Tally's software is mainly used for vouchers, financial statements, and taxation in many industries, and has specialised packages for retail businesses. More advanced capabilities are found in its Enterprise resource planning package.
Tally.ERP 9 has advanced integration capabilities in the form of Application programming interfaces to make the software extensible. Tally interacts with Software application using XML, ODBC and DLL technologies.
Tally Solutions offers four products:
- Tally.ERP 9
- Tally.Developer 9
- Shoper 9
- Tally.Server 9
Sales of Tally's Products, viz. Tally.ERP 9 and Shoper 9, are done through a network of Tally Partners. Tally follows a 2-tier Channel Structure with the top tier called as Master Tally Partners (MTP) and the second tier being called as Tally Partners or Secondary Tally Partners (STP). Tally has around 140 MTP's and around 18,000 Tally Partners. Tally channel partners are structured by service or product as follows:
- Tally Partners (TP) handle sales and installation and are often the customer's first point of contact.
- Tally Service Partners (TSP) are a certified service system that delivers high quality, dedicated Support and Service.
- Tally Integrators (TI) are commissioned for large scale deployment, system integration, product enhancements and large solutions.
- Tally Extenders (TE) provide productised modules or solutions to specific requirements.
- The network of TSPs and TIs is referred to as Tally Integrated Network (TIN).
S. S. Goenka was the founding chairperson of Tally Solutions Private Limited.
Bharat Goenka is the Co-Founder & Managing Director of Tally Solutions Private Limited. He has been awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by NASSCOM, and a Lifetime Achievement Award by CellIT, a IT channel magazine.
Thirty software companies of India, who are in the business of product development – including Tally Solutions – have formed an association named Indian Software Product Industry Round Table, or iSpirt, breaking away from NASSCOM. Later, NASSCOM refused to view this as a 'breakaway group', and assured supporting activities of iSpirit.
Awards and recognition
The company has received the following awards:
|CRN||2004||CRN's Most Admired Company perception audit|
|Window's Magazine||2005||Best Accounting and Inventory Management Software for the SMB Sector|
|PC Quest||1994-2005||User's Choice Award|
|360 Magazine||2005-06||Bhoomi Brand Awards|
|VARIndia||2006||Star Nite Award for Best Financial Software|
|Franchise India Holding Ltd.||2005-06||Best in Education Coaching & Training|
|GITEX 2006||2006||Channel vote in the Middle-East for most liked Company and product|
|360 Magazine||2004, 2005, 2006, 2007||Golden Rhino Award|
- "Interface & Integrate-ability". tallysolutions.com. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "Integration Capabilities". tallysolutions.com. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "Tally Solutions restructures business". The Hindu. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Tally Solutions aims to double revenues in 2011-12". The Times of India. PTI. 10 April 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- John, Sujit; Phadnis, Shilpa (4 February 2013). "30 software companies break away from Nasscom". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "CELLIT Confers Lifetime Achievement Award to Shri Bharat Goenka & Shri Narendra Bansal". Cell IT Digital Media. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Chandran, Pradeesh (4 February 2013). "Software product firms join hands to form new 'think tank'". Business Standard. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Tally Solutions wins Golden Rhino award". The Times of India. 24 May 2004. Retrieved 9 February 2013.