July 22, 1969 |
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Terrell Tilford (born in Los Angeles, California, U.S. on July 22, 1969) is an American film, stage, and television actor best known for roles as David Grant on The Guiding Light (1998–2001), as Greg Evans on One Life to Live (2009–2010), as Ramon Rush in the Lifetime drama series The Protector (2011), and as Sean Clarke on the sexy scripted series Single Ladies.
Television and film career
He is best known for his recurring roles on Showtime's Soul Food series, Enterprise as a mutated Klingon and for his recurring roles as Dr. Carrington in Days of our Lives and Detective David Grant in Guiding Light from 1998 to 2001. He is also a noted Art collector and artist himself. Tilford joined the cast of One Life to Live in the contract role of Dr. Greg Evans in June 2009 
Tilford's many television appearances include CSI: NY; Bones, Shark; Lincoln Heights (recurring); Girlfriends; All of Us (two-episode arc); Just Legal (recurring); Half & Half; Enterprise (two-episode arc); My Wife & Kids;CSI: Crime Scene Investigation; The District; Showtime's Soul Food (recurring); MDs (recurring); 24; Days of our Lives (recurring); Guiding Light (contract) and Cosby.
His film credits include Jackson, The DL Chronicles in the episode "Robert"; Jacob's Trouble; Serenity; Intersection; A Year and A Day; and A.I. Assault for the Sci-Fi Channel.
- He played Pontius Pilate in the Black Dahlia Theatre production of The Last Days of Judas Iscariot;
- For his Geffen Playhouse debut as Darren Lemming in the West Coast premiere of Richard Greenberg's Tony Award-winning play Take Me Out, Tilford's performance was recognized by the Hollywood Reporter, the Daily Variety and the Los Angeles Times among several publications;
- Yellowman (original workshop production) at the McCarter Theatre;
- The Memorandum at The Guthrie (invited artist-in-residence experience);
- The Exonerated (original cast and Theatre LA Ovation Award nomination for Best Ensemble Performance) at The Actors' Gang;
- Malcolm X in El-Hajj Malik: Malcolm X at the National Black Arts Festival;
- The Rivals at Rutgers;
- Involuntary Homicide at The Actors' Gang;
- The African Company Presents Richard III at Rutgers;
- Prisoner of 2nd Avenue for the Fox Diversity Showcase;
- Dutchman at the Zoo Café;
- The Colored Museum at CalArts;
- Miss Julie at HERE (NY);
- Wait Until Dark at Rutgers;
- The LA Theater Works production of Stick Fly, opposite Justine Bateman, Dule Hill and Carl Lumbly.
- Recurring roles
- 2000: The Guiding Light as David Grant (121 episodes)
- 2002: MDs as Levy Hall (4 episodes)
- 2004: Soul Food as Malik Todd (6 episodes)
- 2008: Days of our Lives Dr. Bob Carrington (8 episodes)
- 2010: One Life to Live as Greg Evans (120 episodes)
- 2011: The Protector as Ramon 'Romeo' Rush (13 episodes)
- 2012: Single Ladies as Sean Clarke (Season 2)
- 2013: Single Ladies as Sean Clarke (upcoming Season 3)
- 2014: "The Young and the Restless"
- Other TV series
- 1993: Coach as a senior in episode "One for the Road"
- 1999: Cosby as Mr. Lee in episode "The Vessy Method"
- 2002: 24 as Paul Wilson in 11:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.
- 2003: The District as Raynel in the episode "Free Byrd"
- 2004: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as George Craven in episode "Viva Las Vegas"
- 2004: My Wife and Kids as Rama in epiosde "The Return of Bobby Shaw"
- 2005: Enterprise as Marab in 2 episodes: "Divergence" and "Affliction"
- 2005: Half & Half as Julian Houston in episode "The Big Pomp & Circumstance Episode"
- 2005: All of Us as Peyton Calhoun in 2 episodes "Legal Affairs" Parts 1 and 2
- 2006: Girlfriends as Michael Daniels in episode "I'll Be There for You... But Not Right Now"
- 2006: Just Legal as A.D.A. Steven Yeager in the episode "The Heater"
- 2007: Lincoln Heights as Vice Principal Omar Caffey in two episodes: "Manchild" and "Betrayal"
- 2007: Shark as Randal Hairston in episode "Blind Trust"
- 2007: CSI: NY as Dr. Quinn Brookman in episode "What Schemes May Come"
- 2007: The DL Chronicles as Robert Hall in episode "Robert"
- 2007: Bones as Dr. Kyle Aldridge in episode "Intern in the Incinerator"
- 2009: 24 as Agent Reynolds in Day 7: 8:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- 2011: NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service as Navy Captain Jack Painter in episode "Dead Reflection"
- 2005: Intersection as Troy (short)
- 2005: Serenity as news anchor
- 2005: A Year and a Day as a resident
- 2006: Jacob's Trouble as Omar Daniels (short)
- 2006: A.I. Assault as Mike Kirby (TV film)
- 2008: Jackson as Jeff
- 2009: Dark House as Detective Williams
- 2009: Maneater as Dr. Moore (TV mini-series)
- 2011: The Doctor as Christopher Rodas (TV film)
- 2012: Broken Roads as Brian Pierson (post-production)
- 2012: Henry IV / H4 as Westmoreland (filming)
Awards / Nominated
- Nominated for NAACP Image Award nomination as "Outstanding Actor in a Daytime Drama Series" for role as Dr. Greg Evans on ABC's One Life to Live.