The Antlers (band)
The Antlers performing at Neumos in Seattle, Washington on May 5, 2010
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York|
|Genres||Indie rock, folk, dream pop, post-rock|
|Labels||Frenchkiss Records, Transgressive Records, ANTI-|
Initially, The Antlers was a solo project created by vocalist and guitarist Peter Silberman immediately after he had moved to Brooklyn, New York City. Silberman wrote the first two albums, Uprooted and In the Attic of the Universe by himself. Afterwards, he recruited Michael Lerner and Darby Cicci, becoming a collaborative group.
The band recorded two EPs: Cold War and New York Hospitals. Silberman's collection of songs would later become a full-length album titled Hospice. The story behind Hospice has been debated, but Silberman has explained the record as being the story of an emotionally abusive relationship, told through the analogy of a Hospice worker and terminally-ill patient. The album was independently released by the band in March 2009, selling out of all of the quantities in stock. The band later commented that they "bit off more than they could chew." The band later signed with New York-based label Frenchkiss Records, and the label released a remastered version of Hospice on August 18, 2009. The album received critical praise for both its narrative and musicianship, and has since been listed on several "Album of the Year" lists.
In 2010, the band appeared at the Primavera Sound Festival in Barcelona, and opened for The National. Additionally, the band played the 2010 Osheaga Festival in Montreal, as well as the 2010 Lollapalooza Music Festival in Chicago.
Silberman has said the band's name is taken from The Microphones' song, "Antlers".
In 2011, the album Burst Apart was released May 10 through Frenchkiss in the States and May 9 through new UK / Japan / Europe label Transgressive Records. The album was met with mostly positive reviews from musical publications.
On July 24th The Antlers released a four song EP entitled "Undersea," out on ANTI- in the U.S. and Transgressive Records in the UK/Europe.
- Peter Silberman – vocals, guitar, harmonica, harp, accordion, keyboards
- Michael Lerner – drums, percussion
- Darby Cicci – keyboards, synthesizers, organ, bass, vocals, trumpet, bowed banjo
Additional members 
Studio albums 
- Uprooted (self-released, 2006)
- In the Attic of the Universe (Fall Records, November 6, 2007)
- Hospice (self-released, March 2009; Frenchkiss Records, August 18, 2009)
- Burst Apart US No. 82, UK No. 167 (Frenchkiss Records, Transgressive Records 2011)
- Cold War (2007)
- New York Hospitals (2008)
- (together) (2011)
- Undersea US 186 (ANTI- Records, July 24, 2012)
- "Two" (June 22, 2009)
- "Bear" (November 16, 2009)
- "Sylvia" (March 22, 2010)
- "Drift Dive" (June 26, 2012)
Music videos 
|2009||"Two"||Ethan Segal and Albert Thrower|
|2011||"Every Night My Teeth Are Falling Out"||Juliet Rios and Gabe Imlay|
- "Interview with Peter Silberman" Retrieved on July 4, 2009.
- "'Hospice' by the Antlers - An Album Review"[dead link] Retrieved on July 4, 2009.
- http://frenchkissrecords.com/bands/profile/the_antlers/ French Kiss Records - The Antlers - Profile
- "Antlers sign to Frenchkiss, will remaster and re-release Hospice" Retrieved on July 4, 2009.
- "The Antlers sign to Frenchkiss" Retrieved on July 4, 2009.
- Number 8 on music blog aggregator Hype Machine's 2009 top 50