Gig in Poland in January 2007
|Origin||New York City, U.S.A.|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, street punk|
|Labels||Season of Mist, SideOneDummy|
|Associated acts||The Krays
Marc "Meggers" Eggers
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
The Casualties members aimed to return to what they viewed as the "golden era" of street punk, embodied by bands such as The Exploited and Charged GBH which they believed had disappeared by 1985. During the early years, the lineup was stable. The initial lineup consisted of Colin and Jorge on vocals, Yureesh on drums, Hank on guitar, and Mark on bass. Colin stepped out for several months to finish his education while Rachel, Rivits' singer, took his place.
At this point, Colin, Jorge, Yureesh, and Mark put together a demo. Fred replaced Hank, but then Fred left to go to school. Another guitarist, Steve, from Distraught, also filled in during this period. The EP 40 Oz. Casualty was recorded. By 1992, the band was touring and building up a fan base in NYC. In 1993, bassist Mark and guitarist Fred were replaced by Mike and Jake, respectively and Yureesh was replaced by Shawn on drums in 1994. In 1995, the band's second release, the "A Fuckin Way Of Life" E.P. was released on Eyeball Records. In 1996, Shawn left the band, and Meggers of the Rivits came to fill in and became the regular drummer. The line-up of Jorge, Jake, Mike and Meggers continued until 1997. Johnny (Of The Krays) served as bassist until 1998 (a position more permanently filled by Rick later that year).
The Casualties have continued to produce high-energy recordings and they have done US and international tours (e.g., Europe, Japan, and El Salvador). Under Attack was released on SideOneDummy Records in 2006, and they toured virtually non-stop for three years in support of the album. In December 2009, The Casualties toured alongside Hatebreed, The Acacia Strain, Crowbar, and Thy Will Be Done as part of the Stillborn Fest.
In the summer of 2012, The Casualties co-headlined the very first Tonight We Unite tour along with Nekromantix, where they played their first album For The Punx in its entirety. It was the first time The Casualties have played the album through ever since they released it in 1997.
The Casualties played Rebellion Festival in 2013 where they shared the stage with the likes of: The Exploited, Special Duties, Chron Gen and Anti-Establishment.
- Jorge Herrera - lead vocals (1990–present)
- Rick Lopez - vocals, bass (1998–present)
- Jake Kolatis - vocals, guitar (1993–present)
- Marc "Meggers" Eggers - drums (1995–present)
- Colin Wolf - vocals (1990-1994)
- Hank - guitar (1990-1991)
- Fred - guitar (1991-1993)
- Mark Yoshitomi - bass (1990-1993)
- Mike - bass (1993-1997)
- Johnny Kray - bass (1997-1998)
- Yureesh Hooker - drums (1990-1994)
- Shawn - drums (1994-1995)
- 1997: For the Punx
- 1998: Underground Army
- 2000: Stay Out of Order
- 2001: Die Hards
- 2004: On the Front Line
- 2005: En la Línea del Frente
- 2006: Under Attack
- 2009: We Are All We Have
- 2012: Resistance
- 1992: 40 Oz. Casualty
- 1995: A Fuckin' Way of Life
- 2000: Who's in Control?
- 1999: Live at the Fireside Bowl
- 2003: More at the Fireside Bowl
- 2007: Made in NYC
Various artists compilation appearances
- 1990: Benefit for Beer - "Political Sin"
- 1994 "Pogo Attack LP" - "25 Years To Late" - "For The Punx"
- 2001 "Warped Tour 2001" - "Fight For Your Life"
- 2003 "The Sound of Rebellion" - "Killing Machine" - "Politicians" - "No Rules"
- 2003: Punx Unite - "Punx Unite"
- 2003: Warped Tour 2003 - "Made in N.Y.C."
- 2005: Punx Unite 2 - "Way of Life"
- 2004: AMP Magazine Presents: Volume 2-Street Punk - "Sounds From the Streets"
- 2004: Warped Tour 2004 - "Tomorrow Belongs To Us"
- 2005: Punx Unite-Leaders of Today - "Rebel"
- 2006: Warped Tour 2006 - "Under Attack"
- 2007: Warped Tour 2007 - "In It For Life"
- 2007: Take Action Tour 2007 - "VIP"
- 2010: Warped Tour 2010 - "We Are All We Have"
- 1998: Live At NewCastle Riverside
- 1998: Underground Army World Tour
- 2000: Nightmare
- 2001: Get Off My Back
- 2004: Tomorrow Belongs To Us
- 2006: Can't Stop Us
- 2006: On City Streets
- 2009: War Is Business
- 2009: We Are All We Have
- 2013: "My Blood. My Life. Always Forward"
- ????: Ten Years of Destruction/Live at CBGB's
- This video was made and compiled by a close friend of The Casualties highlighting the early years of The Casualties, and includes a rare appearance of their second drummer Shawn who left shortly after. It is now the rarest and oldest footage of The Casualties ever taped (Some of it even dating back to 1991), and used to be on some punk distribution sites like AngryYoungAndPoor.com and PunkUtopia.com, but was later pulled by the band themselves because of the "Can't Stop Us" DVD (or some other DVD) that supposedly would/will contain old, rare footage of them back in the early days.
- "The Casualties". Punknews.org. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- Yancey, Bryne (May 30, 2012). "The Casualties join Season Of Mist, plan new album". Alternative Press. Retrieved July 18, 2012.
- Paul, Aubin (July 18, 2012). "Tours: The Casualties to release 'Resistance' in September". Punknews.org. Retrieved July 18, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Casualties.|