The Metal Opera Pt. II is the second full-length album by Tobias Sammet's supergroup project, Avantasia. It is a concept album and a rock opera, and further information on the story can be found here. The songs carry on the story begun in The Metal Opera, with the same characters. Much like other power metal albums, the compositions draws aesthetic and lyrical influences from early fantasy literature such as The Lord of The Rings and the Red Sonja series.
All songs written and composed by Tobias Sammet.
- Gabriel Laymann - Tobias Sammet (Edguy) - tracks 1-10
- Lugaid Vandroiy - Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween, Place Vendome, Unisonic) - tracks 1 and 2
- Brother Jakob - David DeFeis (Virgin Steele) - tracks 1 and 5
- Bailiff Falk von Kronberg - Ralf Zdiarstek - track 9
- Anna Held - Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation) - track 10
- Bishop Johann von Bicken - Rob Rock (ex-Axel Rudi Pell, Driver, Impellitteri) - tracks 1 and 6
- Pope Clement VIII - Oliver Hartmann (ex-At Vance) - track 1
- Elderane the Elf - Andre Matos (ex-Symfonia, ex-Shaaman, ex-Angra, ex-Viper) - tracks 1, 2 and 8
- Regrin the Dwarf - Kai Hansen (ex-Helloween, Gamma Ray, Unisonic) - tracks 1 and 8
- Mysterious Voice of the Tower - Timo Tolkki (ex-Symfonia, ex-Revolution Renaissance, ex-Stratovarius) - track 1
- Tree of Knowledge - Bob Catley (Magnum) - tracks 3 and 4
- ^ Huey, Steve. "Avantasia The Metal Opera, Vol.2 review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-08-28.