The One (Elton John song)
|Single by Elton John|
|from the album The One|
|B-side||"Suit of Wolves", "Fat Boys and Ugly Girls"|
|Released||25 May 1992|
|Length||4:31 (single version)
5:53 (album version)
|Elton John singles chronology|
"The One" is the first single from Elton John's 1992 album, also called The One. It reached #9 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, #1 on the U.S. Adult Contemporary chart and #10 on the UK Singles Chart. It was also a #1 hit on Canada's RPM 100 national singles chart on 5 September 1992.
On bonus footage on his Live in Barcelona DVD, John states that he felt an intense connection to Taupin's lyrics for "The One" in light of his personal circumstances around the time of making the album, in particular the line "For each man in his time is Cain until he walks along the beach."
Elton John performed the song at the 1992 VMAs.
- CD maxi
- "The One" (edit) — 4:31
- "Suit of Wolves" — 5:38
- "Fat Boys and Ugly Girls" — 4:12
- 7" single
- "The One" (edit)
- "Suit of Wolves"
- Lyrics by Bernie Taupin
- Music by Elton John
- Engineered by David Nicholas
- Artwork by Gianni Versace
- Photography by Patrick Demarchelier
- Produced by Chris Thomas
End of year charts
- Whitburn, Joel (2002). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961-2001. Record Research. p. 128.
- "The One", in various singles charts Lescharts.com (Retrieved 12 January 2009)
- German Singles Chart Charts-surfer.de (Retrieved 12 January 2009)
- Irish Single Chart Irishcharts.ie (Retrieved 12 January 2009)
- UK Singles Chart Chartstats.com (Retrieved 12 January 2009)
- Billboard allmusic.com (Retrieved 12 January 2009)
- "Billboard Top 100 - 1992". Retrieved 2010-07-30.
"I'll Be There" by Mariah Carey
|Billboard Adult Contemporary number-one single
25 July – 28 August 1992
"Restless Heart" by Peter Cetera
|This 1990s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|