performing live in Los Angeles, 2012
February 3, 1976 |
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
|Occupation||comedian, writer, director, actor, musician|
Tim Heidecker (born February 3, 1976) is an American comedian, writer, director, actor and musician. He is one half of the comedy team of Tim and Eric, along with Eric Wareheim. Heidecker and Wareheim are noted for creating the television shows Tom Goes to the Mayor and Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!.
Early life and career
Heidecker and Wareheim first became known as the creators, writers, and stars of Tom Goes to the Mayor, a limited animation series that originally aired from November 2004 to September 2006 on the Adult Swim channel. Tim plays "Tom," the protagonist of the show. He continually brings his ideas to the Mayor (played by Wareheim), who ends up thwarting them in most cases and leaving Tom worse off than when he started. According to their website Wareheim and Heidecker had mailed copies of an early version of the show to comedian Bob Odenkirk, who agreed to take on the project as the executive producer of the series and sold it to Adult Swim.
The duo's most recent show, Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, premiered on February 11, 2007 on Adult Swim. The eleven minute show features "live action, sketch, animation, emotions, phone calls, love, etc."
Heidecker starred in Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie. Wareheim and Heidecker appeared together as Debt Collectors on the Adult Swim special, The Young Persons Guide to History and have made guest appearances in the movie Let's Go to Prison, as well as the Scottish video game series VideoGaiden and a Version 2 episode of Mega64. Heidecker also had a small role in the 2011 film Bridesmaids, and a leading role in the 2012 independent drama The Comedy, directed by Rick Alverson and also starring Wareheim. In July 2012, Heidecker starred in an episode of Workaholics. In August 2012, he guest starred in Dinosaur Jr.'s music video "Watch the Corners." In the same year, Heidecker made a cameo appearance on the interdependent movie reviewing site, "Red Letter Media". Heidecker appeared in an episode of the RedLetterMedia series, "Half in The Bag." The episode is titled, "Season Finale: Step Up Revolution." Within the short sketch comedy, Heidecker plays a VCR repair man named "Tim". Shortly after his introduction into the scene, he flies through the ceiling and makes his exit from the skit.
Heidecker starred in a series of films for Absolut Vodka's website with Wareheim and Zach Galifianakis. In March 2010, Heidecker and Wareheim directed a series of Old Spice commercials starring actor Terry Crews. Using characters and skits from Awesome Show, Heidecker and Wareheim (via their Abso Lutely production company) created an online-only show called "Tim and Eric Nite Live!," originally broadcast on the website SuperDeluxe.
Since 2012 Heidecker has been hosting a parodic web series and podcast called On Cinema, where he and special guest (Gregg Turkington) discuss films from past and present. Episodes are fairly short, with a running time of about six to eight minutes. In 2013 an On Cinema Film Guide app was released, featuring the voices of Heidecker and Turkington reviewing over 17,000 films.
Heidecker played in various indie rock bands while in Philadelphia. On March 15, 2011, he released a music album as part of the duo Heidecker & Wood. The album, Starting From Nowhere, was inspired by 1970's soft rock.
In October of the same year he also contributed a parody campaign jingle for Herman Cain's 2012 presidential bid titled "Cain Train". This was the first of nine songs which would eventually become a full album, titled Cainthology: Songs in the Key of Cain. All of the proceeds from the album's sales go to benefit the Violence Intervention Program. The number nine was chosen as the number of songs, and $9.99 the original price, in reference to Herman Cain's 9-9-9 financial plan.
He also released a song called "Titanic" which is a 15 minute long spoof of Bob Dylan's new song on his forthcoming album Tempest on September 11, 2012. In 2013, Heidecker released two more Dylan parodies, "Running Out the Clock", inspired by Dylan's 1983 album Infidels, and "Long Black Dress," a song in the actual style of Dylan's album Tempest, as well as collaborating with the indie band The Earth is a Man on a cover of Dylan's "All the Tired Horses."
In 2006, Tim was stabbed twice in the upper back while attempting to protect an elderly neighbor. The wounds were not life threatening.
Heidecker's wife gave birth to a girl, Amelia, in November 2013.
|2001||Attic Expeditions, TheThe Attic Expeditions||Orderly||Film debut|
|2006||Let's Go To Prison||Wine Taster||With Eric Warheim|
|2012||Comedy, TheThe Comedy||Swanson|
|2012||Five Year Engagement, TheThe Five Year Engagement||Chef|
|2012||Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie||Tim||Writer
|2013||Tim And Eric's Go Pro Show||Tim|
|2013||A Friggin' Christmas Miracle||Post-production|
|2004||Aqua Teen Hunger Force||Basketball||Episode: "Hypno-Germ"|
|2004–2006||Tom Goes to the Mayor||Tom Peters||Writer
|2006||Mega 64||Mega 64 Ragtime Jug Brother|
|2007–2010||Tim And Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!||Various||Writer
|2007||Acceptable TV||Mood Swing Cosby|
|2007||Clark and Michael||Self-Defense Instructor|
|2008||Young Person's Guide to History||Debt Collector|
|2008–2010||Sarah Silverman Program, TheThe Sarah Silverman Program||Frances||Episodes: "I Thought My Dad Was Dead, But It Turns Out He's Not"
"A Slip Slope"
|2010–||Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule||Jan Skylar||Writer
|2010–2011||Funny or Die Presents||Various||Writer|
|2011||Jon Benjamin Has a Van||Mosham the Alien Lawyer||Episode: "Stardoor"|
|2011||Simpsons, TheThe Simpsons||Amus Bruse||Episode: "The Food Wife"|
|2011–2013||Bob's Burgers||Burt Dellalucci|
|2012||Workaholics||Reverend||Episode: "The Lord's Force"|
|2012||Comedy Bang Bang||Phil Gorsley|
|2013||Eastbound & Down||Gene|
- (2008) Awesome Record, Great Songs! (by Tim and Eric)
- (2011) Starting From Nowhere (by Heidecker & Wood)
- (2011) Cainthology: Songs in the Key of Cain
- (2013) Some Things Never Stay the Same (by Heidecker & Wood)
Awards and honors
- "Bio from Tim Heidecker’s Myspace page". Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Brown, Janelle (2006-07-17). "10 Comics to Watch: Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim". Variety. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- ""Mega64": Stranger". IMDb. Retrieved 2009-02-23.
- "Dinosaur Jr. - "Watch the Corners" Official Video". Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- Hudson, Alex. (2010-12-13) Tim and Eric's Tim Heidecker to Release Album as Heidecker & Wood • News •. Exclaim.ca. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- cain train: Herman Cain Campaign Video. YouTube. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- Cainthology: Songs In The Key Of Cain, by Tim Heidecker. Boing Boing. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- Tim Heidecker's Myspace page, retrieved February 9, 2009
- Marilyn's Myspace id 3nine78, retrieved February 9, 2009
- Tim Heidecker's Myspace blog, entries "Talking to Your Parents" and "Full Story (Reposted), retrieved February 9, 2009
- "Tim and Eric Junior Teaching Bible Lesson". Youtube.com. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- Tim's personal blog with a detailed account of the attack and photos of the wounds. Tgttm.com. Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- "Ken Marino And Tim Heidecker Join Season 4 Of Eastbound & Down". Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- Webby Award winners listed at Internet Video Mag, Tim and Eric listed in paragraph 5. Internetvideomag.com (2008-05-06). Retrieved on 2012-09-04.
- Tim Heidecker at the Internet Movie Database
- Tim and Eric on Tom Green live
- Tim and Eric
- Tim Heidecker Myspace page
- Scene Missing Magazine Interviews Tim Heidecker