Hopper at the 2013 MCMComicCon
|Born||Thomas Edward Hopper
28 January 1985
Coalville, Leicestershire, England, UK
|Spouse(s)||Laura Hopper (2014 - present)|
Tom Hopper (born 28 January 1985 in Coalville, Leicestershire) is an English actor who has appeared in several television programmes and films including Merlin, Doctor Who, Casualty and Tormented. He is best known for playing Sir Percival in the BBC series Merlin.
Hopper studied acting at Rose Bruford College graduating with an honours degree in 2006. His theatre roles while at Rose Bruford included, The Tempest, The Way of the World, Colliers Friday Night and Festen. Since graduating, he gained roles in which he was nominated for the Michael Powell Award for Best New British Feature and Initiation (Max Q Film) in 2007.
Hopper was cast in As You Like It at the Watford Palace Theatre and has appeared in various television programmes and films such as Saxon, Casualty, Kingdom and Doctors. Hopper portrayed Marcus in a comedy-horror film, Tormented about a bullied teenager who comes back from the dead to take revenge on his classmates. The film was made by BBC Films, Slingshot & Forward Films and was released internationally by Pathe, on 22 May 2009 in the UK. Hopper played Sir Percival in the BBC series Merlin. On 3 June 2012, he appeared as himself on the game show Deal or No Deal, opening a box for a celebrity special involving his friends, pop band McFly. He stars in the feature film "Cold".  filmed in Ireland in 2012 and due to be released at festivals in 2013. Hopper has become the first actor to join new Starz series Black Sails. The pirate drama – exec produced by Michael Bay – serves as a prequel to Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island.
Humanitarian and Political Causes
Tom has with good humour and intent provided his image to causes supporting awareness of colon cancer screenings and treatment, as well as other cancers that are male specific such as testicular and penile cancer. At the same time he affirms his heterosexuality but embraces his gay friends and fan base.
Hopper was voted Expert Choice by The Stage at the Rose Bruford Acting Showcase June 2006.
|2014||Northmen: A Viking Saga||Asbjörn||Post-Production|
|Casualty||Hugh 'Chewy' Mullen||BBC One||Series 21 episode 31 "Stitch"|
|Kingdom||Soldier||ITV||Series 2 episode 3|
|Doctors||Josh Mullen||BBC One||Series 10 episode 118 "Don't Try This at Home"|
|Doctor Who||Jeff||BBC One||Series 5 episode 1 "The Eleventh Hour"|
|Merlin||Sir Percival||BBC One||26 episodes|
|Good Cop||Andy Stockwell||BBC One||2 episodes|
|Black Sails||Billy Bones||Starz||Main Cast|
- IMDB. "http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2584392/".
- As You Like It – Watford Palace Theatre "Main Cast List", Watford#Watford Palace Theatre, Retrieved on 13 May 2009.
- As You Like It – VocalEyes Introduction "Introduction Transcript", Retrieved on 13 May 2009.
- "Agent Website"
- IMDB Celebrity News, "Tom Hopper joins Starz pirate drama Black Sails", Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- "Tom Hopper Strips For Male Cancer Awareness", Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "" http://famewatcher.com/tom-hopper-strips-for-male-cancer-awareness.html "Tom Hopper Strips For Male Cancer Awareness", Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "Tom Hopper marriage proposal to Eoin Macken – ColdCon", Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- Tormented Cast Pages. "Tom's Cast List Page", 'Tormented', Retrieved on 13 May 2009.
- Casualty – Stitch (2007). "Main Cast List", The Internet Movie Database, Retrieved on 14 May 2009.
- Tom Hopper in Kingdom.
- Doctors – Don't Try This at Home (2008). "Main Cast List", The Internet Movie Database, Retrieved on 14 May 2009.
- Merlin star Tom Hopper joins Starz pirate drama Black Sails. "Digitalspy", Retrieved on 22 February 2013.