Trout Lake, Northwest Territories
|First Nation (Designated Authority)
(Sambaa K'e Dene Band)
|Census division||Region 4|
|• Chief||Dolphus Jumbo|
|• Band Manager||Ruby Jumbo|
|• MLA||Kevin Menicoche|
|• Land||119.51 km2 (46.14 sq mi)|
|Elevation||495 m (1,624 ft)|
|• Density||0.8/km2 (2/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|Canadian Postal code||X0E 1Z0|
|- Living cost||152.5A|
|- Food price index||122.2B|
Department of Municipal and Community Affairs,
Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre,
Canada Flight Supplement
^A 2009 figure based on Edmonton = 100
^B 2010 figure based on Yellowknife = 100
Trout Lake (Slavey language: Sambaa K’e[pronunciation?]) is a "Designated Authority" in the Dehcho Region of the Northwest Territories, Canada. The community is located near the Alberta border, east of Fort Liard, in the southern NWT. It has no all-weather road, but can be reached by winter road early in the year.
|Sources: NWT Bureau of Statistics (2001 - 2012)|
The community has a small general store and a health center and no RCMP. Canada Post mail arrives weekly by charter plane. Residents can order books, movies and CDs through the Borrow by Mail program offered by the NWT Public Library Services. There is a small airport, Trout Lake Airport, and in the summer Trout Lake Water Aerodrome is in operation.
The community runs the Sambaa K'e Fishing Lodge, an authentic northern fishing experience, in the summer months.
- Trout Lake, SET Northwest Territories (Census subdivision)
- "NWT Communities - Trout Lake". Government of the Northwest Territories: Department of Municipal and Community Affairs. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre - official names
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 29 May 2014 to 0901Z 24 July 2014
- Trout Lake - Statistical Profile at the GNWT
- Differences in Community Government Structure
- Sambaa K’e Dene Band at the Dehcho First Nations
- Trout Lake Infrastructure Profile