Trudie Styler at the premiere of Imogene, Toronto Film Festival 2012
6 January 1954 |
Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, England
|Children||Bridget Michael "Mickey" Sumner
Eliot Pauline Sumner
Giacomo Luke Sumner
Trudie Styler (born 6 January 1954) is an English actress and producer. She is the wife of the musician Sting.
Life and career
Styler married Sting on 20 August 1992. They have four children: Bridget Michael (a.k.a. "Mickey" born 1984), Jake (born 1985), Eliot Paulina (nicknamed "Coco," born 1990) and Giacomo Luke (born 1995). Her daughter Eliot is the lead singer and frontwoman for the band I Blame Coco, and her son Jake is a model.
In the mid-nineties Styler established Xingu Films, a production company dedicated to supporting new talent, such as Guy Ritchie, Dito Montiel and Duncan Jones. In late July 2008 it was announced that Xingu had optioned American Reaper, an upcoming graphic novel written by Pat Mills, who would also write the screenplay.
In 2008 it was reported that Styler donated £10,000 into the charitable Ama Sumani cancer fund. Sumani was terminally ill with cancer and unable to afford treatment in her native Ghana, but had been deported from a Cardiff hospital after the expiry of her visa. Sumani died on 19 March 2008.
In 2007, Styler and her husband were forced to pay record damages for unfair dismissal after a tribunal found them guilty of breaking employment law for firing their private chef when she became pregnant. According to evidence presented in court, Styler's chef had been made to work 14-hour days while heavily pregnant. On one occasion, when she was seven months pregnant, she had to take a train and taxi from the Lake House estate near Salisbury to London, costing £148 in travel and £300 overtime, to prepare soup and salad for Miss Styler.
- Moon (2009)
- A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints (2006)
- Alpha Male (2006)
- Cheeky (2003)
- The Sweatbox (2002)
- Greenfingers (2000) aka Jailbuds
- Snatch (2000)
- Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998) aka Two Smoking Barrels (USA)
- The Grotesque (1995) aka Gentlemen Don't Eat Poets (USA) aka Grave Indiscretion
- Moving the Mountain (1994)
- A Dish of Tea with Dr Johnson (West End, Edinburgh, tour 2011)
- Paris Connections (2010)
- Living Proof (2008)
- The Vicar of Dibley - Wife swap Comic Relief special (2007)
- Alpha Male (2006)
- Love Soup (Irene) (2005)
- Empire (2005)
- Friends (season 8, episode 10 -- "The One with Monica's Boots") guest starred as herself
- Me Without You (2002)
- The Scold's Bridle (1998)
- Fair Game (1988)
- The American Bride (1986)
- Miss Marple The Body in the Library (1984) as Josephine Turner
- The Mayor Of Casterbridge (1978)
- Poldark (1977)
- Midsomer Murders
- England & Wales, Birth Index: 1837-1983 [database on-line]. Original data: General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office.Ancestry.co.uk Lists Trudie Styler on the index of births registered in Jan-Mar. 1954.
- Maximillien De Lafayette (2010). "Hollywood Most Beautiful, Exclusive and Rarest Photos Album: Films, Superstars, Divas, Femmes Fatales, and Legends of the Silver Screen. 2nd Edition". p. 371. Lulu.com,
- Maxwell, Alison (May 20, 2005). "Talkin' about rock's new generation". USA Today. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- News section of UNICEF web site
- Xingu Films at the Internet Movie Database
- Grim 'Reaper' lands at Xingu, Hollywood Reporter, 29 July 2008
- Star's support for cancer woman, BBC Wales News, 17 February 2008.
- Elton John AIDS Foundation patrons
- "Sting and Trudie are rocked as chef wins sacking case" 13 May 2007, Daily Mail