Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out (album)
|Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out|
|Studio album by Dr. Timothy Leary|
|Label||Mercury Records 21131 (mono)/61131 (stereo)
Performance Records PERF 389
Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out is a 1967 album credited to Timothy Leary, created to accompany the documentary film of the same name. It consists of a narrated meditation mixed with freeform psychedelic rock music.
- "The Turn On" - 2:23
- "The Tune In" - 3:34
- "The Beginning Of The Voyage (Heart Chakra)" - 4:01
- "Root Chakra" - 2:05
- "All Girls Are Yours" - 4:37
- "Freak-Out" - 0:29
- "Freak-Out (Continued)" - 3:53
- "Genetic Memory" - 6:43
- "Re-Entry (Nirvana)" - 3:10
- "Epilogue (Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out)" - 2:52
All selections written by Maryvonne Giercarz/Lars Eric/Richard Bond
Guide: Timothy Leary, Ph.D.
Voyager: Ralph Metzner, Ph.D.
Divine Connection: Rosemary Woodruff
Veena: Maryvonne Giercarz
Guitar: Lars Eric
Tabla: Richard Bond
Executive Producer: Henry G. Saperstein
Associate Producer: S. Richard Krown
Special Effects Conception: UPA Pictures, Inc.
Produced by Al Ham
Tape Editor: Dale McKechnie
Sample from this album were used on the Skinny Puppy song "Lefthand Shake" from their album Last Rights. Leary agreed for the sample to be used but the copyright holder did not and the song was pulled from the album. Samples were also used on the Nine Inch Nails remix album Fixed.
There were two albums with this name: the 1967 'Original Motion Picture Soundtrack' - Mercury Records 21131 (mono)/61131 (stereo)  - and a prior, 1966 version without music and a different narrative by Leary, possibly recorded at the Millbrook mansion - (ESP-Disk 1027).
- Henderson, Alex. Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out (album) at AllMusic
- "Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out (1967 documentary)". IMDB. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- "Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". discogs.com. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- "Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out". discogs.com. Retrieved 29 January 2012.