Status: Active. bd2412 T (e)
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BD2412.
BD2412 (global count • editcount • blocks • protects • deletes • moves) is an administrator on English Wikipedia (since December of 2005), and on English Wiktionary; and a bureaucrat on English Wikiquote.
Wikithings To Do
- Fix (jurist) entries.
- List of United States federal judges by longevity of service
- Wikipedia:WikiProject United States courts and judges/Court evaluations
- John J. Gore
- Charles Bernard Day (magistrate judge whose District Court nomination was twice denied a hearing, resulting in withdrawal)
- Complete Courts of the United States (including info from User:Postdlf/courts).
- List of United States federal courthouses
- Wikipedia:WikiProject United States courts and judges/courthouses
- Wikipedia:WikiProject National Register of Historic Places/GSA federal building links
- Wikify biographies from List of Judges of the United States Tax Court.
- Category:Bot-created FJC subpages needing merge action
- Pages that link to "Template:Cleanup FJC Bio"
- Tidy Impeachment investigations of United States federal judges
The work just keeps right on rolling along.
Under the banner of Wikipedia:WikiProject Law, we will make Wikipedia the world's most comprehensive internet source of free legal information.
- List of U.S. State constitutional provisions allowing self-representation in state courts.
- /Tax protesters - the role of courts.
- Make sure that all court cases have citations.
- Fill in Postdlf's court case infoboxes for all of my court cases (and then for everyone elses).
- Add Category:United States courts of appeals cases to all U.S. Court of Appeals cases.
- Fix errant links to Supreme court.
- Case articles to do:
- Fix up United States v. Curtiss-Wright.
- from Conflict of laws in the United States
- Home Insurance Co. v. Dick, 281 U.S. 397 (1930)
- Pacific Employers Insurance Co. v. Industrial Accident Commission, 306 U.S. 493 (1939)
- Watson v. Employers Liability Assurance Corp., 348 U.S. 66 (1954)
- Clay v. Sun Insurance Office, Ltd., 377 U.S. 179 (1964)
- Allstate Insurance Co. v. Hague, 449 U.S. 302 (1981)
- Phillips Petroleum Co. v. Shutts,, 472 U.S. 797 (1985)
- Sun Oil Co. v. Wortman, 486 U.S. 717 (1988)
Pumping out the disambig fixes.
- Recently added disambiguation pages with links
- Category:Articles with links needing disambiguation from June 2011
- Questionable redirects to disambiguation pages; Most-linked-to redirects to dabs
- Incomplete dabs, Compound dab titles, Duplicate dabs, Categories with dabs
- User:RussBot/Dablinks from judiciary articles/001 et seq
- User:RussBot/Dablinks from taxobox articles/001 et seq
- (see List of zoologists by author abbreviation and List of botanists by author abbreviation)
- User:RussBot/Neighboring disambiguated links/001 et seq
- User:RussBot/Disambiguation not needed/001 and User:RussBot/Disambiguation not needed/002
- Disambig cleanup with Dab solver (bonus list; most bonus links) (dab-to-dab bonus links) (dab-to-dab links) Dab Dashboard
- Populate List of political and geographic subdivisions by total area
- Populate List of authors whose works are in the public domain
- Category:Copy to Wikiquote
- Chip away at Wikipedia:Disambiguation pages with links:
- Pages to de-disambiguate: CCTV International
- Long term disambig projects (need articles written): Capacity, Ward
- Disambig maintenance: Oscar, Phoenix, Ainu, Battery, Crest, Dean, Hart, Hui, Mohawk, Pantheon, Rancid, Sam, Vulcan, NASL.
- Non-disambig pages with frequent erroneous links: judgment, Supreme Court.
- Consider Fixed point.
- Keep an eye on new anonymous edits
- Condemn spamvertisers to Wiki-Hell.
- Keep an eye on this and various things from the list and the guide.
- Wikipedia:Village pump (policy)/Archive 100#Offering a prize for an editing contest.
Other specific tasks
- Provide articles for red links on the following pages:
- Most wanted law articles
- Notable terms at Wikipedia:Requested articles/list of missing legal terms (merge or redirect the rest to more appropriate places); I hammered through much of it while studying for the Bar exam.
- List of United States Supreme Court cases
- List of United States federal legislation
- List of law schools in the United States
- List of honor societies
Principles to live by
- Be aware of Google bias when testing for importance or existence: bear in mind that Google will be biased in favor of modern subjects of interest to people from developed countries with Internet access, so it should be used with some judgment.
- Wikipedia is not an experiment in democracy: its primary method of finding consensus is discussion, not voting. That is, majority opinion does not necessarily rule in Wikipedia. Various votes are regularly conducted, but their numerical results are usually only one of several means of making a decision. The discussions that accompany the voting processes are crucial means of reaching consensus.
- Wikipedia is not the edge of the world: if you really want to say something on the Internet, and it doesn't belong here, there are always alternatives.
Please feel free to add to the collection here. Cheers!
Yes, I am a lawyer. No, I am not giving you legal advice.
- I agree to multi-license all my text, image, and design contributions, including my user pages, as described below:
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0 and 2.0
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0 and version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.
|Minor edits multi-licensed into the public domain
|I agree to multi-license my eligible text contributions marked as minor edits, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and into the public domain. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my minor edit contributions in the public domain, please check the multi-licensing guide.
||Licensing rights granted to Wikimedia Foundation
|I grant non-exclusive permission for the Wikimedia Foundation Inc. to relicense my text contributions under any copyleft license that it chooses, provided it maintains the free and open spirit of the GFDL. This permission acknowledges that future licensing needs of the Wikimedia projects may need adapting in unforeseen fashions to facilitate other uses, formats, and locations. It is given for as long as this banner remains.
||This user has been on Wikipedia for 8 years, 9 months, and 17 days.
||This user has been an admin for
7 years, 11 months, and 29 days.
||This editor uses AutoWikiBrowser to make tedious repetitive tasks quicker and easier!