What is a Roisterer?
According to the Concise Oxford Dictionary (1990 edition), a roisterer is someone who revels noisily and uproariously. I've also seen it described as someone who behaves in a drunken, outrageous fashion. I am happy to say that I have never roistered while on Wikipedia (as far as I know).
Who is the Roisterer?
Many have asked this exact question. Many have attempted to answer it. Some say the Roisterer is a lactose intolerant hermaphrodite who hasn't gotten around to adding his/her name to the appropriate Lactose Intolerant Hermaphrodite Wikipedians list. Some say the Roisterer is an illegal immigrant using Wikipedia in a convulated visa scam. There are even those who hold the theory that the Roisterer is in fact a lactose intolerant hermaphrodite illegal immigrant. The jury's still out on that theory, however I do keep an eye on the Lactose Intolerant Hermaphrodite Illegal Immigrant Wikipedians list.
Some have even claimed that the Roisterer is a hack journalist based in (but not from) New Zealand who uses Wikipedia to make heads or tails out of topics he has to write articles on. This claim in particular should be treated with suspicion.
What does the Roisterer like about Wikipedia?
The fact that Wikipedia can be enjoyed on so many different levels. There is the simple level of using Wikipedia as a source of information. Then there is the added enjoyment of being finally able to put to use the apparently useless information I learnt at university. Finally, there are the unintentional laughs derived from reading talk pages as, for example, administrators patiently attempt to explain to new users that articles about the time they got drunk in a friend's garage and were sick on a couch is not really newsworthy enough for Wikipedia.
Countries the Roisterer has roistered in
Countries the Roisterer would have liked to have roistered in but couldn't get served alcohol
Meanwhile, much to my shock, I noticed that I have reached 23,000 Wikipedia edits.
Amongst the articles I have either created or extensively changed include:
- South Australians: William Archibald – Geoffrey Attenborough – Henry Barwell – Bryan Beinke – Richard Layton Butler – Des Corcoran – Edward Craigie – Neil Dansie – Malcolm Dolman – Russell Ebert – Patrick Glynn – David Gordon (Australian politician) – John Gunn – Steele Hall – Neil Hawke – Lionel Hill – Frederick Holder – Barry Jarman – Andrew Thomas Jones – Andrew Lacey – Gil Langley – Gregor McGregor – John McLeay, senior – Roy Middleton – Robin Millhouse – Samuel Morcom – Mick O'Halloran – Mark Oliphant– Thomas Playford II – Thomas Playford IV – Alexander Poynton – Wayne Prior – Bob Quinn (Australian footballer) – Tom Quinn (Australian footballer) – Ramindjeri – Robert Richards (Australian politician) – Albert Robinson (politician) – Vaiben Solomon – Reg Spiers – Tom Stott – Baden Teague – David Tonkin – David Vigor – Charlie Walker (cricketer, born 1909) – Frank Walsh – Gavin Wanganeen – Mick Young
- Northern Territorians: Adair Blain – Sam Calder – Thomas Crush – Walter Griffiths – Goff Letts – Harold Nelson (Australian politician) – Elkin Reilly
- New South Welshmen and women: Thomas Bavin – Cleaver Bunton – Ernest Carr – Mark Clews – Thomas Simpson Crawford – Sydney Deane – James Fingleton – William Fleming (Australian politician) – Arthur Fuller – Al Grassby – Anthony Luchetti – Arthur Manning – Bruce Smith (Australian politician) – Sydney Smith (Australian politician) – Eddie Ward
- Queenslanders: Charles Barnes – Herbert Bullmore – Thomas Crawford (Australian politician) – Eric Deeral – Ian King (Australian cricketer) – Hunter Poon
- Tasmanians: John George Davies – Brian Davison (cricketer) – William McWilliams – Ted Pickett – Frederick William Piesse – Norm Sanders
- Victorians: Doris Blackburn – Maurice Blackburn – Peter Chitty – Jack Clancy (Australian footballer) – Lance Collins – Sid Dockendorff – Albert Hartkopf – Wilfrid Kent Hughes – Henry Morley Kidgell – Wally Koochew – William Maloney – Charlie Moore (Australian rules footballer) – Laurie Nash – Robert Nash (Australian rules footballer) – Peter Nixon – Bob Pratt – Laurence Schache – Keith Smith (Australian footballer) – Jim Stynes – Ted Whitfield
- Western Australians: Hugh de Largie – Graham Ramshaw – Reginald Withers
- Political Parties: Liberal and Country League – Liberal Movement – New LM – Single Tax League – Unite Australia Party
- Other Politics Related Pages: Australian federal election, 1901 – Division of Mayo – Division of Sturt – Electoral district of Northern Territory – Electoral district of Ridley – List of Indigenous Australian politicians – List of Premiers of South Australia by time in office – Northern Territory Legislative Council – Playford Family of Australia
- Geography: Barwon River, Victoria – Dimboola, Victoria – Gulargambone – Gundagai, New South Wales – Jeparit, Victoria – MacIntyre River – Murray Island – Nhill, Victoria – Raukkan, South Australia – Thursday Island
- Sporting Clubs: Port Adelaide Football Club – West Torrens Football Club – Woodville Football Club
- Other Sports related articles: 1935 VFL Grand Final – 1936 VFL Grand Final – 1982 VFL Draft – List of Australian rules football families – List of South Australian representative cricketers – List of VFL debuts in 1899 – List of VFL debuts in 1904 – List of VFL debuts in 1914 – List of 1922 VFL debuts – List of VFL debuts in 1933 – List of VFL debuts in 1944 – List of VFL debuts in 1955 – List of VFL debuts in 1969 – List of VFL debuts in 1979 – List of VFL debuts in 1988 – List of AFL debuts in 1999 – List of AFL debuts in 2000 – List of AFL debuts in 2001 – List of AFL debuts in 2002 – List of AFL debuts in 2003 – List of AFL debuts in 2004 – List of AFL debuts in 2005 – List of AFL debuts in 2006 – List of VFL/AFL players of Indigenous Australian descent – List of World Series Cricket international five-wicket hauls – List of World Series Cricket international centuries
- Australian History: Richard Bourke – Kleber Claux – List of Indigenous Australian firsts – Liverpool riot of 1916 – Nugan Hand Bank – Taman Shud Case – Wake in Fright
- Europe: Eleonore Baur – Georges Boulanger – Charles Vyner Brooke – James Brooke – Clémentine of Orléans – Cromarty fisher dialect – Eleonore, Princess Reuss-Köstritz – Kenneth Gandar-Dower – Giovanna of Savoy – Eric Hollies – Lena River – Marie Louise of Bourbon-Parma – Cecil Hunter Rodwell – Fraser Russell – Jeanette Schmid – Second League of Prizren – Herbert Stanley – Campbell Tait – Lothar von Trotha – Thomas Whythorne – Zorka of Montenegro
- Africa: Angra Pequeña – Baster – Murray Bisset – Lionel Cripps – Brian Davison (cricketer) – Aubrey Faulkner – Goshen – Robert James Hudson – Kanuri people – Lado Enclave – Lebowa – Charles Llewellyn – Lucas Mangope – Darlington Matambanadzo – Kaiser Matanzima – Mazoe River – Solomon Mire – Kenneth Mopeli – Maurice Odumbe – Cedric Phatudi – Rehoboth, Namibia – Lennox Sebe – Southern Rhodesian Legislative Assembly – Southern Rhodesian Legislative Council – Bernard Tancred – Louis Tancred – Vincent Tancred – List of Rhodesian representative cricketers
- The Americas: Inshan Ali – Jim Allen (cricketer) – Sylvester Clarke – Hunkerin' – O.C. Smith – Mack Vickery – Everton Weekes
- Pacific: Bougainville Revolutionary Army – List of Wellington representative cricketers – Martin Donnelly (cricketer)
- Asia: Historical enclaves – Kwang-Chou-Wan – Saemangeum Seawall – Spratly Islands
- – The list is a Featured List
- – The article is a Good Article
- – The article appeared on the Front page as a Did you know?
And here can be found some of the aforementioned so-so quality images that I have provided to Wikipedia.
|The Epic Barnstar|
|This barnstar is awarded to Roisterer for his work in historical South Australian biographies Blnguyen (bananabucket) 06:24, 15 December 2006 (UTC)|
|The Australian Barnstar of National Merit|
|for your efforts with Australian articles Gnangarra 00:33, 26 January 2008 (UTC)|
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|You finally finished the table conversion on List of VFL/AFL players of Indigenous Australian descent. Well done!!! The-Pope (talk) 16:50, 3 July 2012 (UTC)|
Some legal sounding thing
I was asked to place the following statement on this page. Frankly I have no idea what it is about and am not in the slightest bit interested to find out but it looks harmless enough so here goes.
I agree to multi-license all my contributions, with the exception of my user pages, as described below:
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0 and 2.0|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0 and version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|