From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article.
Will you be joining in with us again? It would definitely be a great help.
- Thank you for the thought, Smallbones. Short version: No.
|Long version: Hell no|
- I'm very sorry you feel that way, but I understand where much of it comes from.
- I've thought many times about what's the best thing to say to you, but the best I can come up with is "Thanks."
- A year ago, I thought you were some kind of miracle from God sent to save me from the impossible workload that I had got myself into. I must have thought that anything I could say would only make things with you worse (they couldn't have been better from my point of view), so I'm sure I said the minimum. A new "sorry" and "thanks" are due here.
- The way this site runs is obviously crazy on its face, and I have no idea why people think that they can do what they do here so commonly. Do be aware that nobody escapes this, not even Jimbo Wales. I also have to say I have no idea why this works out so well in the end (for the encyclopedia at least). You have to understand that I think of encyclopedias in terms of the 1958 World Book that I grew up with.
- I don't remember much about the quarrel with Doncram, except that I thought that on *some* issues you hadn't thought everything through, and, as is quite common, Doncram hadn't considered the effect of his words on other people. I guess you have to have thick skin to operate around here. I did feel that, whatever my thoughts on the issues, I should have stood up for you simply because of loyalty and my debt of gratitude, but I just took the easy way out and let other people handle what I thought was a complicated issue. Sorry.
- I'd guess you know that I am not organizing WLM-US this year. I had an issue or two of my own that are not worth going into here - but felt that there was no need for me to beat my head against the wall, trying to convince people to do what I thought they should do. You can't make people do what you want them to do around here, you have to convince them, and I obviously wasn't a good enough convincer. Still it's that time of year and I'm like an old firehorse out to pasture, just waiting for the bell to ring!
- Please do come back, whenever you feel like you'll enjoy it.
- All the best,