Vejle Municipality is a municipality (Danish, kommune) in Region of Southern Denmark on the Jutland peninsula in southeast Denmark. The municipality covers an area of 1,061.54 km² (2013), and has a population of 109,737 (1 April 2014). Its mayor is Arne Sigtenbjerggaard, a member of the liberal party Venstre.
The main town and the site of its municipal council is the city of Vejle.
On 1 January 2007 Vejle Municipality was, as the result of Kommunalreformen ("The Municipal Reform" of 2007), merged with Børkop, Egtved, Give and Jelling municipalities to form an enlarged Vejle Municipality.
The central administration of the Region of Southern Denmark is in Vejle, located at the address of former Vejle County Damhaven 12.
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
- Municipality's official website
- Vejle municipal Atlas (In Danish)
- Vejle Byhistoriske Arkiv & Stadsarkiv (City Historical Archive) (In Danish, some English)
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|