Washington State Labor Council
The Washington State Labor Council is the Washington branch of the AFL-CIO. It represents all AFL-CIO affiliates in state politics, and is major interest group, particularly for Democratic politicians. The organization was split when several national unions broke from the AFL-CIO and formed the Change to Win Coalition, taking their state and local affiliates with them. Rick Bender has been the President of the State Labor Council since 1993. Other prominent leaders have included the late Lou Stewart and Alan Link, the organization's current Secretary-Treasurer (equivalent to Executive Director).
- Washington State State Labor Council Homepage
- List of Current Officers, Washington State State Labor Council
- List of Affiliate Unions, Washington State State Labor Council
- Washington State Federation of Labor Records, circa 1901-1967 45.44 cubic feet (including 2 microfilm reels, 1 package and 1 vertical file). At the Labor Archives of Washington State, University of Washington Libraries Special Collections.
- Washington State Labor Council Records, 1919-1996 199.62 cubic feet. At the Labor Archives of Washington State, University of Washington Libraries Special Collections.