Wikipedia:Featured portal candidates/Portal:Final Fantasy
The Final Fantasy portal has been around since 2005, but never got much love. Until now! I've nicked the structure and styling of the sports and geography portals (the last two to be promoted), borrowed the sweet header from the Portuguese Final Fantasy portal, and mixed in 10 featured articles and 7 featured lists. All the content is free, and I've tried to have all of the random combinations of articles and lists get close to the same height on the page when added to the other boxes. The subject might be smaller than some, but it's been consistently drawing in readers for years. Thanks for reviewing! --PresN 22:53, 28 August 2013 (UTC)
- The DYK section needs expansion, and pictures if possible. (Generally at least ten to twenty are preferred.) There's no need to only include blurbs which appeared on the main page.
- The "Associated Wikimedia" section links often lead to search results mainly not about Final Fantasy. Inserting quotation marks around the words would help.
- The logo appears three times on the page: at the top (where it is massive), in the intro, and (in a modified form) in each featured article. Are there any other available pictures to include instead?
- The bottom sections (Categories, Related Content, and Things you can Do) all have a lot of empty space. Maybe move them into columns, add more text, provide bigger logos for the related portals, etc.
- And what do you think of suggestion at Portal talk:Final Fantasy#☞?
- I will need to oppose for now. Selected articles and lists need to be expanded to at least 20 items. DYKs also need more items. It fails to meet criteria 1a because it does not sufficiently cover all aspects of this game series. Take a look at WikiProject Final Fantasy and see a list of good and featured articles available for selection. Also, I have doubts that it meets criteria 1b. Having more media in the portal will address this issue. OhanaUnitedTalk page 03:02, 29 August 2013 (UTC)