Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Norway
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Norway page.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4|
|This page is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|To-do list for Wikipedia:WikiProject Norway:|
1994 Nobel Peace Prize Jacob Christian Bie, Johan Bertrand Narvesen, Olaf Gulbrandsson, Samuel Conrad Schwach, Agathon Bartholomæus Hansteen, Sylvester Sivertson, Sivert Aarflot, Martine Aurdal, Jan Erik Aalbu, Kirsti Koch Christensen, Terje Kalheim, Ebba Wergeland, Hilde Bojer, Wenche Fossen, Sjelens Sang-Offer, Sør-Gjæslingan Sennalandet more…
|WikiProject Norway was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 4 February 2013. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
- 1 Antisemitism in Norway
- 2 Help with an article?
- 3 Title of Parliament of Norway
- 4 Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Adrian Sandvaer
- 5 Find sources?
- 6 Wiki Loves Pride 2014
- 7 Denmark & Norway sections in Allies of World War II need expansion
- 8 Leaflet For Wikiproject Norway At Wikimania 2014
- 9 Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Wenche Kjølås
- 10 AfC submission - 01/07
Help with an article?
I need some help sourcing an article, Kule Kidz Gråter Ikke. From what I can find via a Google search, the film seems to have a lot of hits and at first glance seems to be notable. However since I speak no Norweigan, I'm at a huge disadvantage here. Can someone help find sources? I'd hate to see this deleted because the sources are in another language and the people searching are only fluent in English, which happens all too frequently, sadly. Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 05:28, 4 May 2014 (UTC)
- I added interwiki, but you've done a good job, so there isn't much to add. --torstein (talk) 17:44, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
Title of Parliament of Norway
A discussion on whether to change the title of this article to "Storting" is taking place at Talk:Parliament_of_Norway#Requested_move. All input welcome. Thank you. walk victor falk talk 02:05, 18 May 2014 (UTC)
Dear Norway experts: This old AfC submission will soon be deleted as a stale draft. It has references, but they are not in English. Is this a notable designer? —Anne Delong (talk) 15:04, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Anne Delong Looking at the sources and googling a bit I didn't see anything that indicated notability. Regards, Iselilja (talk) 15:18, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
Someone recently created the page Fredrik Skogsrud and it's nominated for deletion as a BLP without any sources. So far I can't find anything that really shows that he's notable enough for an entry. I found an article in a smallish newspaper, but so far nothing else. Anyone want to see if they can find anything? The article asserts that he's known for one show, but I don't speak/read Norwegian and I can't tell exactly how notable his role was within the show. I get the impression it's a minor character, though. Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 16:10, 4 June 2014 (UTC)
- Reading the Norwegian Bokmål article about the TV series "Costa del Kongsvik": it's a comical 10-part series that started 4 March this year; it's a follow-up to two earlier series and again all the main characters are played by the same woman. The 30-minute short film "Leo" hasn't premiered yet; here's a 30-second teaser for it. Fredrik himself doesn't have an article in either of the Norwegian language Wikipedias. His resume is here.
- Without good arguments, I can't see that he is notable! --Hordaland (talk) 21:38, 4 June 2014 (UTC)
You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride 2014, a campaign to create and improve LGBT-related content at Wikipedia and its sister projects. The campaign will take place throughout the month of June, culminating with a multinational edit-a-thon on June 21. Meetups are being held in some cities, or you can participate remotely. All constructive edits are welcome in order to contribute to Wikipedia's mission of providing quality, accurate information. Articles within Category:LGBT in Europe may be of particular interest. You can also upload LGBT-related images by participating in Wikimedia Commons' LGBT-related photo challenge. You are encouraged to share the results of your work here. Happy editing! --Another Believer (Talk) 18:47, 6 June 2014 (UTC)
Denmark & Norway sections in Allies of World War II need expansion
More detailed information about Denmark and Norway as Allied nations is missing, at Allies of World War II#Denmark and Allies of World War II#Norway. All help in fleshing out these (and other sections in the article as well) much appreciated! walk victor falk talk 16:31, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
Leaflet For Wikiproject Norway At Wikimania 2014
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost