|Original author(s)||Mike Jolley, James Koster, Coen Jacobs|
|Stable release||v2.2.8 / 29 October 2014|
WooCommerce is designed for the small to large-sized online merchant using WordPress.
WooCommerce was developed by WooThemes who hired Mike Jolley and Jay Koster, developers at Jigowatt, to work on a fork of Jigoshop that became WooCommerce. In August 2014, 381,187 sites (or 17.77% of ecommerce sites online) were powered by WooCommerce, placing WooCommerce as the most used e-commerce solution in the world with more than 4 million downloads.
WooCommerce (most popular wordPress e-commerce plugin) has been adopted by over 380,000 online retailers. It is used by a number of high-traffic websites, among them are Internet Systems Consortium and Small Press Expo. For the 1st week of August 2014, Quantcast data collated by BuiltWith Trends indicated that WooCommerce ran on 17.77% of ecommerce sites online.
- Comparison of shopping cart software
- Comparison of free software eCommerce web application frameworks
- List of online payment service providers
- "4 Million Downloads". Retrieved August 2014.
- "WooCommerce E-Commerce Usage". WebTechster. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- "BuiltWith Trends - Ecommerce Usage Statistics Pie Chart View". Retrieved 24 September 2013.