From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yan may refer to:
Yan (燕) was the name of several states in Chinese history:
- Two states that existed during the Zhou dynasty
- Five states of the Sixteen Kingdoms period:
- Yan (An–Shi) (756–763), rebel state founded by the An-Shi Rebellion
- Yan (Ten Kingdoms) (911–913), a state of the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms Period
- Yan, Iran, a village in South Khorasan Province, Iran
- Yan, Kedah, district in Malaysia
- Yan, historic village of the Haida people of Queen Charlotte Islands in the Canadian province of British Columbia
- Yan Mountains, in North China
- Yan Emperor, one of the legendary emperors of ancient China
- Yan, Marquis of Tian, 4th-century BC ruler of the state of Qi
- Yan Odnoralov Russian musician, drummer for the christian band Everfound
- Yan (surname), romanization for several Chinese surnames.
- Cantonese transcription of surname Zhen (surname) (甄)
- Jacob Mikhailovich Gordin (1853–1909), writer pseudonym Yan, Ukrainian-American Yiddish-language playwright
- Amanda Yan (born 1988), Canadian athlete, in wheelchair basketball and other sports
- Johnny Yan (born 1976), Former Taiwanese professional basketball player and actor
- Martin Yan (born 1948), Chinese-Canadian/American television chef; star of Yan Can Cook, carried by PBS and Food Network
- Vasily Yan (1874-1954), Russian writer
- Yan (musician), stage name of Jan Scott Wilkinson, English songwriter/lead singer of indie rock band, British Sea Power, founded in 2000
- Yan, transliteration of the name "Ян" (Jan) from the Russian language
- Yan or, more specifically, Yahn, pronunciation of variant of the given name John, especially in Dutch, Northern Germanic and Western Slavic languages (in Slovak, spelled Ján)
- Yan (Wolves Chronicles), a character in The Cuckoo Tree, by Joan Aiken
- Rico Yan (1975-2002), Filipino Actor and Matinee Idol.
- Yan Lifts, commonly known name for Lift Engineering, aerial chairlift manufacturing company which ceased operation in 1996
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.