Gouffran playing for Bordeaux in 2008
|Full name||Yoan Gouffran|
|Date of birth||25 May 1986|
|Place of birth||Villeneuve-Saint-Georges, France|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Striker / Winger|
|Current club||Newcastle United|
|Red Star Paris|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 December 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Yoan Gouffran (born 25 May 1986) is a French footballer who currently plays for Newcastle United in the Premier League. Gouffran plays as a striker and is renowned for his pace and ability to finish with either foot. Gouffran is allergic to certain species of trees and not – as rumour has it – to grass. He was born in Villeneuve-Saint-Georges, Val-de-Marne.
After achieving success with Caen during the 2007–08 Ligue 1 season, it was suspected Yoan would make a move elsewhere. After constant rumors linking him primarily with Arsenal, including rumors of him signing a pre-contract agreement with the English club, Gouffran opted to stay in Ligue 1, signing a four-year contract with Girondins de Bordeaux. The transfer fee was priced at €6.5 million and he officially joined the club on 30 June 2008. After starting the league season off with no league goals after 26 matches, he finally scored his first league goal for Bordeaux on 29 April 2009 in a key match against Rennes, which Bordeaux won 3–2. On the final matchday of the season, 30 May, he scored the winning goal that secured Bordeaux the championship, against his former club Caen who were relegated to Ligue 2.
Gouffran denied league leaders PSG's attempt at winning seven straight Ligue 1 games, when he scored the equalizer in a 1–1 home draw on 6 November 2011. The result meant that Bordeaux had drawn six of their first seven league games.
Gouffran finished with Bordeaux half way through the 2012/13 season with 8 goals in 20 games.
With only six months left on his contract, Premier League team Newcastle United had a cut price £500,000 bid accepted for Gouffran. On 22 January 2013, Gouffran revealed, via Twitter, that a move to Newcastle was due to happen the following day. "Tomorrow I will be a new player of Newcastle and I am proud. Thanks to everyone." He added: "Big thanks to everyone who has supported me through the good times and bad times. I thank the leadership of the club and the staff for helping me grow I need a new challenge and therefore I hope that you respect my choice. I will follow all the results of the Girondins (Bordeaux)." He was unveiled as a Newcastle player on 23 January, after signing a four-and-a-half year contract and given the number 11 shirt. He made his debut for Newcastle on 29 January 2013 in a 1–2 win against Aston Villa at Villa Park. He scored his first Newcastle goal on 9 February in a 2–1 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur. On November 2, Gouffran scored the first goal for Newcastle in their 2–0 win against Chelsea. After the match he received rave reviews from manager Alan Pardew. Gouffran continued an impressive run of form, scoring again against Norwich and then added another goal to take his tally to five for the season when he scored the first of Newcastle's two goals against West Bromwich Albion on 30th November 2013.
Gouffran was a France U-21 international. He took part in the 2006 U-21 Championships in Portugal, where he made four appearances and scored one goal. He made 22 appearances for the U-21s, scoring three goals. He has so far not been included in the French senior team.
- As of 7 December 2013
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Total|
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|2012–13||Newcastle United||Premier League||15||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||15||3|
|2013–14||Newcastle United||Premier League||15||4||0||0||3||1||0||0||18||5|
- "Barclays Premier League Squad Numbers 2013/14". Premier League. 16 August 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- Yoan Gouffran, footballeur professionnel au SM Caen. Ville-la-courneuve.fr. Retrieved on 26 July 2011.
- Gouffran is not allergic to grass
- French Ligue 2 Player of the season at Sport24
- Arsenal sign Yoann Gouffran. Oleole.com. Retrieved on 26 July 2011.
- Le journal du mercato – Ligue 1 2007–2008 – Football – Eurosport. Eurosport.fr (25 January 2008). Retrieved on 26 July 2011.
- Bordeaux Gouffran présenté le 30 juin. Mercato365.com. Retrieved on 26 July 2011.
- Rennes v. Bordeaux Match Report. Lfp.fr. Retrieved on 26 July 2011.
- Joy as Bordeaux end 10-year French title wait[dead link]
- "Newcastle sign Yoan Gouffran from French outfit Bordeaux". bbc.co.uk (British Broadcast Corporation). Retrieved 16 August.
- "Aston Villa 1 Newcastle 2". Newcastle United F.C. Official Website. 29 January 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Totteham 2–1 Newcastle" BBC Sport. 9 February 2013. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Yoan Gouffran". Soccerbase. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Yoan Gouffran French league stats at LFP.fr (French)
- Yoan Gouffran at L'Équipe Football (French)
- Yoan Gouffran – UEFA competition record
- Transfermarkt profile
- ESPN FC profile
- BBC profile
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yoan Gouffran.|