|Member of European Parliament
for the Czech Republic
|4th Minister of Health of the Czech Republic|
Jan 1998 – Jul 1998
|Preceded by||Jan Stráský|
|Succeeded by||Ivan David|
30 January 1953 |
|Alma mater||Charles University|
Zuzana Roithová (born on 30 January 1953 in Prague) is a Czech politician and a Member of the European Parliament for the Christian Democratic Union - Czechoslovak People's Party, part of the European People's Party. She is vice-chair of the European Parliament's Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection, a substitute on the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality and a member of the Delegation for relations with the countries of Central America.
She is a signatory of the Prague Declaration on European Conscience and Communism and a member of the Reconciliation of European Histories Group.
- 1978: Faculty of General Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic.
- 1997: Master of Business Administration, Sheffield Hallam University, UK.
- Certificate of Professional Development in Healthcare Management (Executive Education), The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, USA.
- 1998: Charles University Jubilee Medal
- 1979–1992: Hospital doctor
- Head of Prague Faculty Hospital (1990–1998) and Chairwoman of the Czech Association of Hospitals
- 1998: Minister of Health
- 1998–2004: Senator
- Chairwoman of the Senate Committee on Health and Social Policy (2000–2002), member of the permanent delegation of the Czech Parliament to the WEU
- 2000–2002: Chairwoman of the International European Movement in the Czech Republic
- 2001–2003: Deputy Chairwoman of KDU-ČSL (Christian Democratic Union – Czechoslovak People's Party)
- "Volba prezidenta republiky konaná ve dnech 11.01. – 12.01.2013" (in Czech). volby.cz. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Prague Declaration: Selected signatories". Institute for Information on the Crimes of Communism. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "About Us – Reconciliation of European Histories Group". Reconciliation of European Histories Group. Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- Official website of Zuzana Roithová: www.roithova.cz
- European Parliament biography of Zuzana Roithová (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- July 2004.PDF Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Czech)
|Minister of Health of the Czech Republic
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Czech politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|