|• Mayor||İsa Çarkacı|
|• Kaymakam||Okan Leblebiciler|
|• District||827.37 km2 (319.45 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,200 m (3,900 ft)|
|• District density||32/km2 (83/sq mi)|
Şarkikaraağaç is a town and district of Isparta Province in the Mediterranean region of Anatolia (Asian Turkey). It is the site of Ancient city and bishopric Hadrianopolis in Pisidia, which remain a Latin Catholic titular see.
Şarki means west, kara means black and ağaç means tree.
The population is 9,849 as of 2010.
- see Hadrianopolis for Ancient namesakes
The diocese was nominally restored in 1933 as a Latin titular bishopric.
It is vacant since decades, having had the following incumbents of the fitting episcopal (lowest) rank :
- Leo Aloysius Pursley (1950.07.22 – 1956.12.29) as Auxiliary Bishop of Fort Wayne (Indiana, USA) (1950.07.22 – 1956.12.29), until succeeding as last Bishop of Fort Wayne (1956.12.29 – 1960.05.28), later restyled as first Bishop of Fort Wayne–South Bend (USA) (1960.05.28 – retired 1976.08.24), died 1998
- Bernardino N. Mazzarella, Friars Minor (O.F.M.) (1957.07.20 – 1963.03.13) as Bishop-Prelate of the Territorial Prelature of Inmaculada Concepción de la B.V.M. en Olancho (Honduras) (1954 – 1963.03.13); later Bishop of Comayagua (Honduras) (1963.03.13 – death 1979.05.30)
- Filemón Castellano (1963.04.10 – 1970.12.20), former Bishop of Lomas de Zamora (Argentina) (1957.03.13 – 1963.04.10); died 1980.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
|This article about a Mediterranean Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|