Tabor (nad Knežakom) (until 2000)
|Traditional region||Inner Carniola|
|Statistical region||Littoral–Inner Carniola|
|• Total||0.95 km2 (0.37 sq mi)|
|Elevation||735.5 m (2,413.1 ft)|
Šilentabor Castle was a 15th-century castle, of which only few ruins are visible today. Archaeological excavations have revealed remains of a medieval defence structure and yielded numerous artifacts, confirming construction and life within the castle complex from the 15th to 17th centuries, as mentioned in historical sources.
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Pivka municipal site
- Spremembe naselij 1948–95. 1996. Database. Ljubljana: Geografski inštitut ZRC SAZU, DZS.
- "Odlok o preimenovanju naselja Tabor nad Knežakom v Šilentabor" 2000. Uradni list RS, no. 68/2000 (31 July). (in Slovene)
- Acta Carstologica 34(3), 2005
- Koper Diocese list of churches
|This article about the Municipality of Pivka in Slovenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|