1400s BC (decade)
(Redirected from 1400 BC)
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
Events and trends
- April 16, 1409 BC Lunar Saros 38 begins.
- 1400 BC—Palace of Minos destroyed by fire.
- 1400 BC—Estimation: Thebes, capital of Egypt becomes the largest city of the world, taking the lead from Memphis in Egypt.
- c. 1400 BC—Assyrians became very powerful.
- c. Beginning of Mycenaean era.
- c. 1400 BC—The center of political and cultural power in the Aegean has shifted from Crete to mainland Greece, which at that time is home to wealthy warrior-kings.
- c. 1400 BC – 1350 BC – Garden of Nebamum (Pond in a Garden) wall painting from the tomb of Nebamum, Thebes. Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt. It is now kept in The British Museum, London.
- c. 1400 BC — Lion Gate at Hattushash (near modern Boghazkeui, Turkey) is made.
- c. 1400 BC – 1200 BC—Two women with a child, found in the palace at Mycenae, Greece, are made. It is now at National Archaeological Museum of Athens.
- Linear A reaches its peak of popularity.
- The height of the Canaanite town of Ugarit.